Yet another electric build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaksha808

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been only brewing for a few months(2) but i already have plans in the works for starting on something far grandeur than my humble beginnings. I have already started to gather the equipment for the elements and am just waiting on a few more pieces to come in. I have already installed my new shiney GFCI(which was ended up being 60a). I dont look to finishing this build quickly as I'll be going through a few personal changes this next year so it may take some time... I hope to get atleast one kettle plus a few of the parts I'll be needing for the CP each month to offset the hit to my wallet for this build. I'll be stealing most if not all of the build from MadGus and Kal(hope you both dont mind). I would love any and all input/motivation you have!

Good luck to you. Review your plans many times, and try and order everything ONCE... It's a lot of work, but worth it.

Alright, so... its taken more than a year to get my finances in order... but, I have finally purchased a complete 50a BCS kit from
http://www.ebrewsupply.com/
I got it a few weeks ago, and would have started it sooner... if it wasn't for the small little fact that my son was born(kinda takes precedence in my eyes...)
I took some time today to get most of the hardware installed onto the removable back panel, been traiding emails back and forth with Ryan over the last month making sure I had some idea what I was getting myself into. He has been a huge help with this project! I can't say enough kind words about him!

on to pictures?? yeah... pictures

What is the relay board on the right side of the picture for? Also, it looks like your terminal jumpers are installed weird. They go in the middle with the included screws down into each block. Does that make sense?

Things are looking good! Looks like you got the WiFi version. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Ryan too. I am running my own design and 4 elements but otherwise I bought everything from eBrewSupply. I was very impressed with his service, prices and shipping speed! I would highly recommend him to anyone else. I added a review in the vendor section. If you are happy with his service you should add a post! The more press he gets the more likely he will be there for my next purchase!

The terminal jumpers haven't been installed as of that picture... cause Ryan mentioned to me that he doesn't install them till the very last second before the actual wiring cause he moves them around a bit.
I'm running my own, and got the 4 element version so that I can upgrade later down the line without having to redo all the wiring. I will totally add to his review!
I got the 462 so that I can run most if not my entire brewery off of this controller, glycol, fermenters, everything. Let me know if you can see anything that might be moved around to a better position

The relay board on the right is for the pumps and such, Ryan is trying something new with my kit.

Back