• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Mexico March Pump and Awesome Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valicious

Reaction score
Up for sale is my briefly-used March pump. It even comes with a ball valve and barbed fitting for 1/2" tubing on the output, and another barbed fitting on the input. The pump is in great condition, I just need to continue selling off all my brewing gear to pay medical bills.

SOLD

Also up for sale is my plate chiller. I bought this from an industrial supply store around the same time I bought my pump. It does not have any labeling as to how many plates it has, and I have forgotten the exact number. This thing is THICK though, and I remember it having even more plates than the vaunted Therminator. (and was about the same price) I'll never forget how flabergasted I was at how fast it brought an entire 10-gallon batch to room temperature.
It has barbed fittings for 1/2" inch tubing on 3 of the 4 connections, and a quick-disconnect on the 4th.
$140+shipping
NOW $130+shipping
vFN32bh.jpg

I'll even include a bunch of irish moss, gelatin, and other additives I have sitting around.

I also have a refractometer.
$30+shipping.

My zip is 87121 for anyone who wants to calculate shipping.

It won't let me edit the OP for some reason.
The refractometer has sold, and the price of the chiller is now dropped to $115+shipping.

I bought the chiller in 2010, and my ebay history doesn't go back that far sadly. There's no markings indicating a model # or anything on the chiller itself. I even spent over an hour trying to track down an email or anything, but Gmail deleted items don't go back that far.
I used it a lot though, and it brought a full pot (about 12 gallons) of boiling wort down to room temperature in just a few minutes. It was like a breath of fresh air after dealing with a counterflow chiller for many months. I really wish there was some way I could find out more specific info.

I'll tell you what. If you buy it and then really REALLY don't like it, I'll take it back full-refund and everything. Homebrewer's Honor on both sides.

Back