A Homebrewer's Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosox

Reaction score
Well it's officially been 1 year to the day that I've become a Homebrewer. Last Christmas me and my dad bought a kit and what a difference a year makes. I only made 4 batches in that time, last one conditioning now. However, I've completely fallen in love with it, and with craft beer.

So today I got a few presents that were homebrew related. I got a 2.5 gallon keg, the 250 Clone Recipe from BYO Magazine, World's Best Beers: 1,000 Craft Brews From, Cask to Glass" by Ben McFarland, and Radical Brewing: Recipes, Tales, and World-Altering Meditations in a Glass by Randy Mosher.

It's great, I'm so excited to start reading these books and trying to take my brewing to the next level. The Keg will help greatly in my ability to brew more than 1 beer at a time for sure, and I just purchased about 24 more 24oz bottles 2 weeks ago.

Just thought I'd share this here, as well as wish all my fellow Homebrewers a Merry Christmas! I shall toast you not with a Homebrew today, but with the local and possibly original Craft Brew in America, Sam Adams Boston Lager

Merry Christmas bosox. I got lots of homebrew related stuff this Christmas also and can't wait to put it to use. Its really cool that you brew with your dad.

Check out my recipe of an APA. North Coal Pale Ale. Mighty fine brew. Just need to add an ounce of cascade as a dry hop.

I'll work on a stout.

Haha I like the suggestion of using the rock to grind the grains! You'll have complete control over that!

And yeah, it's great brewing with my dad. He's made every batch with me so far and we both enjoy it a lot.

Very cool.

I did incredibly well.

- Therminator
- two march pumps
- Sam C's brewing up a business book (so far, really entertaining)
- $50 g/c spent at AHS already (1/2" NPT 1/2" barbed x 2, some yeast, two blichman quickconnects for the therminator and pumps

Now I need to learn how to use all this stuff :) Starting to look more like I need a brewstand.

Merry Christmas!!! Been a year for me too since I got my Mr. Beer. My ambitions are growing faster than my paycheck...so...My folks stopped by the Grape and Granary in Akron, OH with my wishlist! Got a 6 gallon Better Bottle and a bunch of accessories, a wort chiller, various drill powered aerator/fermenter cleaning tools, four extract kits, a **** load of PBW, and a few other tools. My wife got me a stainless 10 gallong brewpot. I got myself the 15 cubic foot freezer for the keezer, which is being delivered on 12/28. Oh, since I got my wife a Kitchen Aid, for Chiristmas, I noticed one of the accessories is a grain mill! All grain, here I come!

I told my GF I wanted the brew like a monk book for Christmas. She called my brewing buddy for help finding the beer related item, and on Christmas day she gives me this:

20101226113133811.jpg

15 gal Blichmann!! SCORE :)

The rest of my presents are coming over today, hopefully there is some cash involved, either I will be ordering a blichmann 15 gallon or a thermapen depending on how much.

Only brewing related items I got this year are a 2L flask for yeast starters and a book on cooking with and pairing beer with food.

I did buy myself a new mash tun about a week ago, and got a pretty sweet haul otherwise (including a kindle and a new Caminetto pipe)

I told my GF I wanted the brew like a monk book for Christmas. She called my brewing buddy for help finding the beer related item, and on Christmas day she gives me this:

20101226113133811.jpg

15 gal Blichmann!! SCORE :)

What she's saying is, "you better buy me a RING!!!!!!!"

Seriously, if you don't I will. I mean blingman from a GF?

I gave my brother a basic brewing kit, Papazian's book, and my old keggle and sq-14. On Christmas day he made his first extract batch. He's been hooked since he watched me brew all grain this summer, and since I just built a new brew rig I figured I should pass it on. Turns out karma's great, cause I got an MM-3 with base and hopper!

I asked for a few homebrew related items this Christmas. I gave her a list of things to consider. She took that list to the LHBS and asked which item would be best. I show up to her place and I see a big cylindrical present and a small elongated box shaped present.

She got me a refractometer and a 5 gal corny keg. Score! Best gf ever, I'll keep her around for a while :) I also got a 5 gal carboy from my brother. Fantastic haul this Christmas.

$100 gift card to LHBS, bottle tree, and registered into a beer of the month club. I think the $$ is going toward my own mill so I don't have to use the store's anymore (poor efficiency that I'm blaming on the crush).

Back