Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swagman

Reaction score
Here a few photo's of the new plate chiller I finally got around to building the fittings for. Its been running static and will get built stationary into my rig later this year. Found this one for sale back east and I had been looking for a large size. Its 22 inch's long 5 wide and 5 thick. Has been working very well and no problems cleaning. Just a back flush and PBW every brew or two or when I remember. I can monitor temp on output and has a aeration stone at output. Tri's are easy to remove for cleaning and don't leak.

MVC-274S.jpg

MVC-277S.jpg

MVC-276S.jpg

MVC-275S.jpg

The end caps on the input and output just keeps out things out until ready to use.

God Bless
Dominus Vobiscum
Swagman

That's substantial.
Been using a Shiron for about a year and it plugged recently on me..I wasn't reliious about cleaning every brew day...baked it in the oven at 500 for about an hour and have cleared it out mostly.

In the meantime I've ordered the Dudadiesel 30 plate chiller and will clean that one religiously. In thinking about refining my brew day I'm not sure the time it takes to clean these things is going to make it the best option for me BUT I'll go down trying.

Those tri clamps are nice,,good job on your build. pls post pict when you get it incorporated into your brew rig.

I just need to back flush it after every brew. I did not do this every time before so..
Backflush with PBW and then Starsan.
After I get my wort cooled and yeast pitched I traditionally just want to relax and feel like I'm done..I guess I just have to make plate chiller cleaning a part of my regular routine.

Swag! That chiller kicks ass!!

Well Done! :D

Don't know about the back side but it does lower temps lol

Thank you all for the kind words now I wonder if it will take another year to get mounted on the rig. But it works great as a stand alone hummm Back up

God Bless
Swagman

Sure, I'll play along.

Plate_Chiller.jpg

Ooooh, I like that! Could you give the parts needed to put those fittings together? It looks like cam locks on the ends? I'm looking to upgrade my screw on brass fittings for my plate chiller to something like this.

I have been looking at getting an aeration setup going. What you have looks awesome going into the cross pipe. Did you part out the aeration setup yourself?

Back