Acronyms!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brau_Haus

Reaction score
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE *&^@#*&$^@#^%$*&^#*&%!^!!!!!! ACRONYMS?

I have been attempting to read the posts here, but they are so full of acronyms that it's more like staring at alphabet soup, not reading about brewing!

sry...had to get that off my chest....now back to your regularly scheduled brewing discussions.....<hic>

RDWHAHB = @#)(@#&)($*@&)$@(*#$)@(*@)(*
LHBS = @#($*&)@(#*&)$(*&@#$
LME = #)(@*#&$)(*&)(*@#
DME = @#()$*&@#
SG = @#)(*@
OG = @#$)(@*@)(#
FG = @#(@#)(*@)*@)(#*$
IBUs = !#)(*&@#)(*&?

Yeeehahhh, release the hounds. :ban:

SWMBO = Sweet Woman Must Bend Over

At least we are giving good info. Everyone knows that SWMBO = Surely Women Must Be Obedient. It is a statement of confusion that people use when talking about how their wife said they couldn't buy a new piece of equipment.

As a linguist I had difficulty looking at IPA without reading "International Phonetic Alphabet" and APA without reading "American Psychological Association".

What's DIAICYLF? A forum search just returns DeathBrewer's sig a bunch of times, or a link to the Tap Room which is 20,000 posts long.

"Don't interrupt any intense cunnilingus you lousy f**cker"

Man, and here I was trying to extrapolate from DIAF with possible homebrew-related adjustments. The best I could come up with is "Die in an ice-cold yeast-laden freezer"...

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE *&^@#*&$^@#^%$*&^#*&%!^!!!!!! ACRONYMS?

I have been attempting to read the posts here, but they are so full of acronyms that it's more like staring at alphabet soup, not reading about brewing!

sry...had to get that off my chest....now back to your regularly scheduled brewing discussions.....<hic>

What does sry mean? :mug:

Back