Last meal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTER

Reaction score
So I'm sitting on my porch swing tonight drinking a brew and eating a turkey bacon club and I think to my self, nothing goes better together than bacon and brew. In fact, If I were ever to suffer the misfortune of landing on death row, my final meal would certainly involve bacon and beer. So anyway, If you were on death row and about to punch your ticket to the afterlife, what would your final meal be?

Lots of Beans and Beer. Nobody will want to come near my gas chamber...err cell.

two hookers on rye, please. and some home brewed beer i stashed before i got put away :D

Double that order, but add a good steak and some 20 year old mead started after my last appeal was denied. Odds are I would not live to give the state the pleasure.

Of course living in Hawaii you have to kill someone twice just to get locked up, the death penalty is only an option of you try to run over a police officer. They do know how to shoot well.

Kraut, Brats, Pork hocks, taters, dumplings, served up with litres of Doppel Bock, with a frauline as a waitress. I would like to finish of with a desert which involves a sticky date...

Salad with real blue cheese dressing followed by a slab of quality prime rib -- rare -- along with a baked potato, garlic bread, and a good Cabernet. Yeah, I know it's a beer brewing forum, but I'm having steak for the last meal and I'm having a Cab with the steak.

Rick

Hershey's chocolate, Vlasic Kosher dills, Doritoes, and a filet cooked medium rare. Oh, and a couple of bottles of Lindeman's Framboise to wash it all down.

Might as well vomit on them if they're coming to kill me. :drunk:

A stein of Brewtopia's Grapes of Wrath complimented by a plate full of goetta corndogs like the ones I had at oktoberfest last year.

Thank you, again, OhioBrewtus for uncorking that wonderful stuff at NHBC.

BTW, I had an authentic german rauchbier once that was essentially liquid bacon. I've had some great smoked beer before, but that one was jsut a bit too...baconated for me.

Mines going to sound strange: Meat lasagna (with spinich & cottage cheese, of course), a homebrew porter and tapioca for desert with some Pink Floyd for background music.

Thats easy.

Chicken fried steak (from Hoovers on Manor Rd in Austin)
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Corn Bread
Stone Smoked Porter

I would have to go with a slap of prime rib, med-rare, crispt red potatos in garlic and butter, and a 6er of 120 minute from DFH. And if I could, just one last good Cuban smoke...

If I'm gonna go, it damn well better be loaded :D

Lobsta, King crabs, Peeled Shrimp, & scallops with a gallon of hot clarified buttah with a keg of my Haus Ale.

I would O.D on iodine poisening before they could stick a needle in me. :D

A 24 Oz moose Steak, Garlic MAshed Potatoes and JAlepeno garden salad + a 44oz cup of Wild Turkey. They would have to drag my bloated ass to the table.

I'd have to go with lasagna too. A couple medium-rare beef filets on the side, seasoned and seared, garlic bread... cherry cheesecake and chocolate stout for dessert. Oh, and a box of Ande's chocolate mints.

sushi appetizer, crab legs, Løbskers(traditional norwegian beef stew) Angel fook cake with raspberrys, and to finish it out a nice Rochfort 10 after dinner

rib eye grilled hot and fast(fat rendered and medium rare) seasoned with fresh cracked pepper. Baked potato with butter and chives, steamed hop shoots with pearl onions, baguette with roasted garlic. and one beer from every American craft brewer that I have not tried yet. OK now I'm hungry.

Thats easy.

Chicken fried steak (from Hoovers on Manor Rd in Austin)
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Corn Bread
Stone Smoked Porter

Crap, I forgot the corn bread! Thanks....

And one more thing to add, I would have to be allowed to make the meal and beer myself. If you're going to enjoy a last meal, you might as well take pride in making it yourself... plus it might delay the execution quite a bit while I let the porter age after fermentation. :)

Steak, Baked Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Onion Rings, about a dozen Atomic Buffalo Turds, Dessert would be Cherry Garcia. And the beer would be an insanely hopped IPA.

I'm thinking a bacon wrapped medium rare fillet mignon topped with sautéed garlic mushrooms, a huge baked potato with bacon, sour cream and chives, some crusty, fresh baked sourdough with garlic herb butter, some asparagus grilled al dente with a little lemon, olive oil and kosher salt, and of course, a variety of Deschutes brews. That would almost be worth going to death row for. :D

OHHHHH I'd have to make myself Widow Makers, kielbasa wrapped in bacon, and a bottle of 30 year old anything. I'll just eat in a wheel barrel to make it a little easier on them :D

please elaborate.

Okay:

I love the stuff. I generally buy one a month and it's enough for maybe 5 servings. I tend to eat it for the best part of a week. Including today.

the wild haggis's left legs are of different length than its right legs, allowing it to run quickly around the steep mountains and hillsides which make up its natural habitat, but only in one direction. It is further claimed that there are two varieties of haggis, one with longer left legs and the other with longer right legs. The former variety can run clockwise around a mountain (as seen from above) while the latter can run anticlockwise. The two varieties coexist peacefully but are unable to interbreed in the wild because in order for the male of one variety to mate with a female of the other, he must turn to face in the same direction as his intended mate, causing him to lose his balance before he can mount her. As a result of this difficulty, differences in leg length among the Haggis population are accentuated
300px-Haggis_scoticus.jpg

Haggis
  • 1.2-1.5kg haggis (look for the best quality you can find, it is now found in many butchers and supermarkets around the world or order it in if you have to)
Tatties
  • 600g mashing potato, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 60ml milk
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • a generous pinch of grated nutmeg
  • maldon salt
Neeps
  • 600g Swede (turnip), peeled and roughly chopped
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 3cm ginger, peeled and chopped or ground ginger
  • maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper
Made in a lining os sheeps stomach.

haggis_2.jpg

For those of you who claim not to like it, I don’t know what all the fuss is about. Okay, it might sound- how can I put this- slightly gothic, but in reality it tastes a bit like a spicy meatloaf. Mind you, all that stuff about “trenching your gushing entrails bricht” doesn’t exactly help the cause.
The Macsweens brand is the Haggis of choice, but most brands share the following ingredients in common: the sheep’s “pluck” (heart, liver, and lungs), suet, spices, salt, and some form of oatmeal, all boiled up in a sheep’s stomach; though I reckon that most of the Haggis’s you buy at the supermarket have an artificial casing.
And then there’s the million dollar question of how to cook the thing. I favour wrapping it up in tin foil, and roasting it in the oven, though some aficionados like to simmer theirs in boiling water.
Eating it is simplicity itself: slice open the casing with a knife, and spoon out the moist, peppery meat onto your plate. It works beautifully with a peaty Single Malt such as Laphroaig (which if you've ever been to the Outer Hebrides, should remind you of the brown coloured loch water which comes straight from the tap), and I like to pour this over my Haggis once it's cooked.
This it what it is actually made from.
  • One sheep's stomach
  • Sheep lungs and heart
  • Lamb's liver
  • Beef trimmings
  • Suet
  • Oatmeal
  • Onions
  • Nutmeg
  • Salt and pepper

S4b.GIF

This is it uncooked.
haggis%20in%20dish%20with%20knife%20-%20colour.JPG

Thanks orfy, I have tried many "innards dishes" and "sweetbreads". Some like tripe, chitlins and munedo taste like what it is and are not very appealing. I have had sweetbreads from fresh butchered and that really makes a difference in flavor. Natural casing(after being properly cleaned) also makes a difference in flavor, and I prefer sausages and such in natural casing. We have a restaurant in town that serves authentic Engish and German food. I think I will have to see if they prepare these dishes. I dont think any supermarkets here are going to carry it fresh.

A nice selection of shellfish - mussels, clams and oysters simmered in a nice wine butter sauce. A fresh loaf of sourdough bread. Thin sliced veal in a Marsala sauce with onions and mushrooms. And for desert, a few bomber bottles of Stone Ruination IPA.

Hell - now I'm hungry...:p

Geeze that's a tough one. Maybe a giant platter of Nigiri, Sashimi and Maki. I dunno though. Probably something raw at any rate. That and some nice homebrew. Or maybe a heaping pile of Crawdads. Or maybe...well you get the idea. ;)

Hmmmm last meal....

I would like a stuffed quahog, some steamed clams from Naragansett Bay, a lobster with melted butter (none of that 'drawn butter' stuff for me!), a thick juicy end cut of prime rib, some form of pasta dish with lots of cheese butter and garlic, and a freshly filled cannoli from the bakery in Springfield MA. Each course should be washed down with a different beer... :mug:

Back