Carapils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yahahooey

Reaction score
I bought a pound of Crosby & Baker Muntons Cara-pils malt yesterday and plan on brewing today. I don't know if I need to get it milled or not. Anyone have some advice? Sorry I'm such a brewergin.

I bought a pound of Crosby & Baker Muntons Cara-pils malt yesterday and plan on brewing today. I don't know if I need to get it milled or not. Anyone have some advice? Sorry I'm such a brewergin.

Cara pils doesnt need to be mashed
as a beginner i would download the free trial of beersmith It tells you alot about each grain, hop, yeast etc. create recipes, modify recipes, inventory trackingbrew calender I love this program!

heres the link http://beersmith.com/download.htm

cheers

Just put it in a big Ziploc bag and go over it a couple times with a rolling pin and you will be fine

Just put it in a big Ziploc bag and go over it a couple times with a rolling pin and you will be fine

+1 as this is standard practice for me.

I never seem to have mine crushed enough (in my somewhat amatuer opinion) so I usually roll over it a time or two with the homebrew I'm about ready to drink.

:D

Back