buying supplys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
starnski said:
Question, If you could only buy brewing supplys from one dealer who would it be?

Local home brew shop. If only they had the specialty grains and hops selection that I can only find online.

I get most of my stuff from letsbrew.net, my LHBS. They have practically everything there I could ever want! I also order from morebeer.com from time to time.

Midwest has always been real good to me over the years(their shipping rocks! I often get my orders in two days regular shipping) for the main supplies, however, I always shop around for any specialty equipment. The internet is a good place, there are no LHBS's with in 50 miles of me and that was before the storm. I know of none now.

I also like Northern Brewer and MoreBeer as far as selection and pricing.

I'd probably go with Midwest from the experience I've had with them. I really like that they ship via Fedex.

Cheesefood said:
I'm going to give another plug to http://www.ebrew.com for selling grains by the ounce. Really makes it easy, compared to buying a pound when you only need 2 oz of a specialty grain.

Yeah--Austin Homebrew does that as well. Grain is not that expensive, so it's not such a big deal. But, especially for those of us who don't have our own mills, it's quite convenient to be able to purchase only exactly the amount you need for what you're brewing.

cweston said:
Yeah--Austin Homebrew does that as well. Grain is not that expensive, so it's not such a big deal. But, especially for those of us who don't have our own mills, it's quite convenient to be able to purchase only exactly the amount you need for what you're brewing.

I just don't like having waste. I brewed a stout a while back and I haven't finished it yet, so I don't know that I'll be making another one any time soon. (It's yummy and all, but I just can't drink a lot of stout at any time.) So my roasted and chocolate grains are sitting in the Crisper in my fridge. I'd be better off just ordering fresh grains the next time I decide to make a stout.

The question was "If I could only buy from one supplier whom would it be?"

Northern Brewer

Latest posts

Back