Aluminum or stainless?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doranobrien

Reaction score
Just bought all the stuff to start my first batch of home brews. All but the cook pot. Any difference between aluminum or stainless? We are looking at buying a turkey fryer. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums!

There are differences, but it's basically personal preference. I use aluminum because it's cheap. This topic has also been discussed a multitude of times, just like almost every question you could ever think of. A quick search can usually allow you to find exactly what you are looking for

Just wash it well and boil it with water to build up the aluminum oxide layer and your good. Wally world had one on sale last week 35 bucks with a 30 Qt pot w/lid, thermometer and burner with hose and reg. I was gonna get 2 but ran out of money and only got one.
Bob

Picked up a 30qt turkey fryer at Fleet Farm. $44! Thx for the tips. First batch this Friday.

Back