Vector Logo help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would like to help out with a logo? I have one that Bobby_M made me a couple years ago, but would like something more "swag" friendly. This image below is the style of guy I'm looking for. The rounded Stick figure. The Brewery name is Furnace Room Brewing. My thought is a guy like this with a scoop shovel, possibly feeding a fire/furnace. I'd like something that can hold itself out there with 1-2 colors. Any help is appreciated. I'd like Vector so I could scale as needed. Nothing commercial will be done with this. Possibly some glasses for home, maybe t-shirts for personal and friends at some point in life, and images for the bar/walls in my basement.

Not fail, just complete omission. The guy behind the Men's Room banner is the one in reference.

IMG_0497.jpg

I was wondering if anyone would like to help out with a logo? I have one that Bobby_M made me a couple years ago, but would like something more "swag" friendly. This image below is the style of guy I'm looking for. The rounded Stick figure. The Brewery name is Furnace Room Brewing. My thought is a guy like this with a scoop shovel, possibly feeding a fire/furnace. I'd like something that can hold itself out there with 1-2 colors. Any help is appreciated. I'd like Vector so I could scale as needed. Nothing commercial will be done with this. Possibly some glasses for home, maybe t-shirts for personal and friends at some point in life, and images for the bar/walls in my basement.

Is it a two- or three-vessel furnace?

I'd be willing to help, if Ace Club isn't already planning to help out. I like to make logos on my free-time in Inkscape (opensource vector prog, similar to Illustrator). If you wanted to try it out yourself, you can try playing around in Inkscape, thats how I got started making logos and designing 3-4 years ago. Shoot me a PM or something if ya still need help.

I'd be willing to help, if Ace Club isn't already planning to help out. I like to make logos on my free-time in Inkscape (opensource vector prog, similar to Illustrator). If you wanted to try it out yourself, you can try playing around in Inkscape, thats how I got started making logos and designing 3-4 years ago. Shoot me a PM or something if ya still need help.

Have at it, I was just being a smart ass.

I'd love some help. Trust me, nobody else posting in this thread is here to help.

********. :D

Did you get your logo yet? What program do you have to view the final vector logo? What are you putting it on?

No logo yet. I have GIMP and inkscape. I'd want to use it for a variety of things from glasses to tshirts to a large copy in my bar somewhere.

I have meetings till about noon but I'll hook you up this afternoon. Can you do me a Faroe and find out if an eps file from illustrator cs5 will import into gimp?

Thank you Gates and Reu

I like what you have so far Reu, but it's Furnace Room Brewing

Gates, I really like that, just a little too "sign" ish. I know that's probably hard not to do with the stick man and everything.

Gates, I really like that, just a little too "sign" ish. I know that's probably hard not to do with the stick man and everything.

Yeah I was going for the whole road sign/industrial pictograms they have around steel shops.

I'll play around with the design and change the stick man a bit.

Thanks man. If you could incorporate beer into it somehow, maybe just a half full pint sitting on the furnace, that'd be awesome. I really like your fire and shovel. Those are awesomely done.

Back