How Long Should Carboy "Bubble?"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insignia797

Reaction score
Hi, I started my first batch on Friday. After 15 min. it started to bubble a lot. Today is Wednesday and it has pretty much stopped. Is that normal? The book I read said to just put it in the carboy and let it sit for two weeks with the recipe I am following.
By the way, my profile says I am 18; I am not 18. I don't know how to change. So don't think I am doing this illegally or anything.

That sounds pretty normal. It all depends on the yeast strain, gravity, and fermentation temperatures. Beers can reach their FG in as little as 2 days or as much as 2 weeks. Just a tip...even though you might have reached your FG and fermentation is "done", leave it in your carboy for a minimum of 2 weeks. 3 weeks is my standard for all my beers. This just lets the yeast clean up, your beer will clear, and the flavors will meld.

Hi, I started my first batch on Friday. After 15 min. it started to bubble a lot. Today is Wednesday and it has pretty much stopped. Is that normal? The book I read said to just put it in the carboy and let it sit for two weeks with the recipe I am following.
By the way, my profile says I am 18; I am not 18. I don't know how to change. So don't think I am doing this illegally or anything.

When you signed up and registered on the forum, you were required to give your date of birth. That included the year you were born. If you don't know your date of birth, then we can't help you here. You typed in your date of birth as "February 15, 1993". If that is incorrect, you either a. made a mistake or b. lied about your date of birth. Either way, we can't allow someone underage on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back