Gave my first homebrew away.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spriggan486

Reaction score
I yesterday was the first time I had given any of my homebrew away.

I gave a gallon to my brother last night.

Today he is begging me for more!!

Thanks for all the advice that helped me brew a good batch!

I seem to give away about as much as I drink myself. That's one of the things I enjoy about making beer :) It's also a good way to get other folks interested in doing it themselves.

I'm still just a noob but, aside from brewing tasty beers, one of the greatest pleasures that I get out of brewing is sharing my beers with family and friends. I brewed a batch in time for Christmas and Thanksgiving. And the look of surprise at how good it was awesome to see. The downside is that it goes very quickly. But I then I just get to brew more!

It's also pretty awesome that my wife likes my beer as well, so she looks forward to a new batch as well.

I love sharing. This hobby is cheap enough that it doesn't worry me either!

There are six drinkers in my house, and people over all the time. I like that they enjoy what I make, and they all respect the fact that I'm offering it for free. If I had to bottle it all I'd probably snap, but the kegging system I got a few weeks back has helped a ton.

Giving to friends is a great thing, just make sure to weed out the ones who over-do it with the begging.

Easy solution to wanting more for yourself... brew more :)

Sharing with people that enjoy your brew is always a good feeling.

Back