April 2013 New England Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its almost impossible to separate one order without sorting the 3 full pallets. So we really need to sort then distribute everything at one time. Honestly I am not in a position to front part of the order right now. I just put a deposit on my new brew house today so kind of low on funds.

i would buy some of whomever didn't pays stuff depending on what it is. What time are you planning on begining sorting stuff out? I am a little far away but I would be willing to make it an early morning to give you a hand sorting

crazyirishman34 said:
Its almost impossible to separate one order without sorting the 3 full pallets. So we really need to sort then distribute everything at one time. Honestly I am not in a position to front part of the order right now. I just put a deposit on my new brew house today so kind of low on funds.

No worries. With the brewery starting up I assumed that may be the case. That stuff is not cheap. I was just offering to cover his end as not to hold up the order for everyone. But I don't even know how much that is. I will just check in for the delivery date. Thanks again everyone.

Kraz

Ok I just talked to Redman and we determined that May 19th is going to be the pick up day. We are going to need 5 or 6 people to come a bit early and help sort the order. That means getting to Taunton at 8am and some heavy lifting. If you want to volunteer to sort please send me a PM and I will list your name in the thread. We will be looking for the bulk of the people to show up at 9:30am. We are going to need to be punctual so that we can get everyone out by noon time.

So far to help sort grain early we have:

GolfDuke
Dan6310
Krazlikesbeer
BryngelBrau
ACC84
dan6310
purplehaze

Thanks guys for volunteering to help out. We need 5 or 6 more folks to help out. So let me know if you want to help.

I am coming in from central MA just north west from Worcester. If you don't mind me showing up around 8:30-8:45am I am happy to help sort.

I definitely can't make Sunday May 19th, it's my daughter's birthday. I couldn't make it down there anytime before the evening.

I either need help from anyone north of the city that can handle my 3 bags or I need to figure something else out, sorry guys.

neophilus said:
I definitely can't make Sunday May 19th, it's my daughter's birthday. I couldn't make it down there anytime before the evening.

I either need help from anyone north of the city that can handle my 3 bags or I need to figure something else out, sorry guys.

I am coming down from maine, is where you live on the way through?

I have my sons baptism that morning. Can anyone drop off 1 bag of 2 row in Weymouth? Ir live in the area? Thanks!

Chris, I'm in Braintree and can pick up your grain for you. Probably can deliver on the way home, or you can come get it from me.

What I heard, was the assumption that they will only sell to breweries.

IE if you run a group buy through a brewery and have it delivered to the brewery, NCM doesn't know any better that its not for brewery use or otherwise. But just using a brewery account to buy it, and having shipped to another address (esp a residential address) would prob raise questions.

I have not confirmed this myself, just the general word from others I've heard. It would make sense since they are trying to push past homebrew customers towards their commercial side of the business (Brewcraft)

I will check on it

Here is what I know when I requested shipping rates they didn't mention not shipping to residences. We have had the order sent to 2 different location in 2 different sates and that has not been an issue. If there is a problem it is easy enough just to get everyone's money back to them at that point. If that happens they will loose me as a customer with DTR.

I have some orchard breeze wine kits that I am looking to sell. I have a few different flavors kiwi Mellon, watermelon white Merlot, blackberry merlot, pineapple banana white. They run about $67 plus shipping from the various sites. I am looking to get $50 each they are all complete and in opened. The kits make 6 gallons of wine that ends up being 2.5 cases.

OK folks current status of the ORDER is I just sent the request to NCM and if all the checks are cleared into my account tomorrow for me to pay for the order. We will be good to go for Friday delivery and Sunday sorting. Once the order is paid for I will post in the thread.

Alright the order is in and paid for. So once Redman confirms that we have delivery tomorrow we are a go. The folks that are listed as sorters should show up at 8am and the rest at 9:30am. Again Redman needs us to be done and cleaned up by noon so please try to be on time. Also if you aren't sorting it would be great if you could help doing a little bit of clean up. The clean up should not be to bad.

I'll bring a Box of Joe from DD if a few of you tell me you like coffee. If not, I'm still getting it, just drinking it on the way.

EatBeerSleep said:
do we need to bring anything with us? scale? containers? homebrew?

I've got a scale that can handle up to 110 lbs that I'm bringing along to measure out splits. I think half a sack will fit into a 5-gallon Home Depot bucket but never hurts to be sure. They also sell those gamma lids at HD to seal the buckets up.

I've got a scale that can handle up to 110 lbs that I'm bringing along to measure out splits. I think half a sack will fit into a 5-gallon Home Depot bucket but never hurts to be sure. They also sell those gamma lids at HD to seal the buckets up.

Thanks DNuggs

Latest posts

Back