Stainless Steel quick connect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glewis64

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a reverse flow wort chiller. It will be built inside a stainless steel box with 4 stainless steel quick connectors. The female end will be hard mounted on the side of the box with the chiller inside. I will be coming into the wort chiller with a 1/2" barb fitting to a male quick connect, connected to female quick connect to a barb fitting to a hose going to the pump input, from the pump output to a copper T. The 1/2" copper tubing will be inside 3/4" black plastic and will be 50' long. Out of the other end of the copper will be another T to a female quick connect mounted on the side of the box, to a mail quick connect to a 1/2" hose to the fermenter. On the cold water side, it will be similar except the male quick connect will be going to male and female garden hose fittings. I will need 2 extra female quick connects as I will have one set permanently mounted to water input/drain into my sink in the garage. I will want another set to take on the road when I travel to my brew club to brew where we will hook up regular garden hoses for the water input/output. My question is has anyone got any experience with what stainless steel quick connects to buy and where to get them. I will need at least the wort input set to be boil rated.

I am currently using snaplocks from proflowdynamics.com... So far, no complaints... There are a few threads about them...

And the prices are WAY reasonable...

I totally agree!

I replaced all my McMaster brass connectors with the Snaplocks from ProFlowDynamics. They work quite a bit better and look fantastic.

NewToys2.JPG

+1 on the proflow dynamic snaplocks. I just purchased a few to test with and now plan to outfit the entire brewery. Can't beat the price and they are extremely cool looking!

On the proflowdynamics.com fittings, what are the thread sizes and barb sizes? I assume the 1/2" (or 3/4 or 1"...) is the nominal coupling size, but I don't see the other connection size listed and I don't want to assume. I could see me purchasing "a few" of these as well!
Thanks,
Bob

A+ on the more beer ones I really like them for one handed operations.

I currently use the McMaster ones, but really wanted to switch to the Morebeer ones. The only problem I have is that I need 16 sets of them and they are EXPENSIVE!! Another negative on the Morebeer ones is that their "per pair" pricing is always for a pair of threaded or barbed, you can't mix. Most people use threaded on the equipment side and barbed on the hose side which means you don't get the "per pair" price break.

Someone needs to source these and bring them to market at a reasonable price. I wasn't a big fan of the ProFlow ones, but I'm now leaning that way simply because of cost.

After a bunch of research I ordered the pro-flow camlocks for the rig I'm building. Can't wait for them to get here so I can try them out. My thoughts were that I wanted something stainless that was reasonably priced, wouldn't leak, and wouldn't get too hot to handle. I would have liked easy one handed operation, but not at the cost of other functions.

I currently use the McMaster ones, but really wanted to switch to the Morebeer ones. The only problem I have is that I need 16 sets of them and they are EXPENSIVE!! Another negative on the Morebeer ones is that their "per pair" pricing is always for a pair of threaded or barbed, you can't mix. Most people use threaded on the equipment side and barbed on the hose side which means you don't get the "per pair" price break.

Someone needs to source these and bring them to market at a reasonable price. I wasn't a big fan of the ProFlow ones, but I'm now leaning that way simply because of cost.

I asked Ed over at Bremaster's Wharehouse about these and he said that they are specifically manufactured for morebeer only. so they pretty much got the market cornered on those unless somebody really does some digging and can figure out who the supplier is and if they have a contract with morebeer specifically or if they'll sell to somebody else. my guess is probably not. I'm sure morebeer has a reason for the prices though considering the specific application and materials used for the product.

Just a heads up I just looked and compared the ones on morebeer and the proflow. From what I've read the ball bearings on the morebeer female ends tend to stick due to the sugars in the wort. the female is 15 bucks each and the male is 10. I needed 7 of each and it was going to be about 175 before shipping. the proflo was WAY WAY cheaper and does not have the ball bearings so no chance of it blowing off if it does not lock down. female were 6 each and the male were 4 each. total AFTER shipping was 87.71! if shipping were the same for both sites its a total of about 103. For my dollar I'll use 2 hands if I have to. Still going to be easier than using a hose clamp and a nut driver every time I connect/disconnect.

Back