• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Johnson Temperature Controller (analog)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
SOLD!!

This is a Johnson Controls A70GA-2 controller. More info:
http://www.vikingcontrols.com/_documents/Product/1927140.PDF

35-80F set points, close on rise for cooling only. Adjustable differential of 3-30F.

It has two sets of contacts. The main is good for 16amp at 120v and it closes at the set point. There's a set of aux contacts good for 6amps at 120v and opens at the set point.

The temp sensing bulb is 6 feet.

It's working fine, I'm only selling because I scored a A419 electronic controller in a craigslist lot and wanted to use that instead. This is a great controller for either a freezer kegerator or a fermentation fridge.

$38 shipped.

controller.jpg

It has two sets of contacts. The main is good for 16amp at 120v and it closes at the set point. There's a set of aux contacts good for 6amps at 120v and opens at the set point.

I'm wondering what this actually means. I'm in the market for a controller, just acquired a mini-fridge that can hold a 5-gallon primary. Also, is this already wired? I had been looking on ebay for unwired ones to save a bit of cash, but if this works and is ready to go, I'd be down.

It's sold but since you asked, it's not prewired and most of the ones you find on ebay won't be. You can either wire it directly into the cord for your fridge, or you can use a short extension cord. You basically put a fold/loop in the extension cord and run that into the controller box. Carefully cut the insulation and fish out the black conductor. Cut that wire and strip both ends. Connect that to the two switched terminals. It would also be a good idea to connect the green ground wire to the ground screw inside the box, but don't cut it.

Back