Is It Spoiled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
So I had a bunch of people over... and my friends wife went up to my brew bucket, decided it must be lemonade (besides the fact that it says ale pale, has a slowly bubbling airlock, and is quite obviously a BUCKET) and turned the tap.

Goodnews - All my friends found my caramel apple wine (who are by no means experts) thought it was very very good even in it's cloudy yeasty state.

Badnews - she damn near sucked the whole of the airlock water into the bucket! Is my batch going to be spoiled???

Depends what was in the airlock...HA HA!!! That's why many people use vodka.

Sounds like your fermenting in a bottling bucket...tsk, tsk!

I was stationed at Bragg 3 times. There used to be a HBS right off the post, but they closed after I left in '99. Is there another one beside the one way out near I-95?

See things I did to my beer thread and it wasn't ruined. It'll be fine, well unless you had something really nasty in there.

Depends what was in the airlock...HA HA!!! That's why many people use vodka.

Sounds like your fermenting in a bottling bucket...tsk, tsk!

I was stationed at Bragg 3 times. There used to be a HBS right off the post, but they closed after I left in '99. Is there another one beside the one way out near I-95?

A) I was out of clear liquor to put in it sadly and it just had clean, boiled water.

B) Yep. I do primary in the bucket, and then straight into the secondary to sit for it's 4 month rotation. Working thus far.

C) Yea there is. Grapes and Hops. It's where I get everything, except carboys they don't have 'em :(

D) I'm glad the consensus is that I didn't ruin it :mug:

E) Woot for outline format!

Latest posts

Back