Hello from Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md20_20

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on starting my first batch this weekend based on Biermuncher's Aberdeen Brown Ale recipe. I have been reading HBT for about 5 months, gathering information and planning my activities. I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone here - because even a bad example can be instructive :eek:

I'm planning on starting my first batch this weekend based on Biermuncher's Aberdeen Brown Ale recipe. I have been reading HBT for about 5 months, gathering information and planning my activities. I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone here - because even a bad example can be instructive :eek:

You followed my exact method. I now have 4 brews complete and an Apfelwein fermenting. Doing the research before hand is the only way to go if you're unlucky enough to not know someone personally that brews. I'm the only person within a 50 mile radius that brews, so this forum and youtube have been my inspiration. Good luck to you!

Welcome, what part of Alabama are you in? I'm just over the state line in GA!

I'm in the Birmingham area near Pelham. If there are any locals with kegs around I'd sure like to know where you get your gas filled!

Welcome, what part of Alabama are you in? I'm just over the state line in GA!

Statesboro, Ga brewer here. There seems to be a great homebrew/craft brew culture in your area (North of Atlanta) that hasn't quite made it down to southern Georgia yet, unfortunately.

I'm in the Birmingham area near Pelham. If there are any locals with kegs around I'd sure like to know where you get your gas filled!

Amazing what you can find in teh intarwebs. Did you know there's a thing called Googley or something and it told me that the Airgas store in Pelham would exchange 5# CO2 cylinders?

I would call around to welding shops... The Airgas stores around here are generally more expensive... might be worth looking into.

I live just a little north of you in Hoover.
I go to vulcan beverage downtown to get my co2. Its about $20 to fill a 5# cylinder. If you talk to the owners at Alabrew they can tell you of another place on south side that is cheaper but I can not think of the name and I am not sure where it is exactly.

I'm up in Huntsville and get my CO2 from Koorsen. There should be one in the Birmingham area.

Welcome :mug:

there's a place on HWY79 in tarrant i get mine filled... also there's a place downtown that does it.. can't remember the name though..

Thanks for the info guys.

I went down to the Airgas place in Pelham Friday and they exchanged my 5# cylinder for $17.50 or so. They said they also carry beer gas but they don't normally have it in small cylinders, just the large ones they sell to bars and restaurants. The guy said with some notice they could order it for me in a smaller size tough.

Back