So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mashing as we type... Da Yooper's Pale ale. Using different hops, 3oz of 7 C's as aroma and .5oz of Summit as FWH.

Right now I am struggling to hit proper temps but that ain't unusual. This came out so good the last time I had to try it again!

Just fired up the burners, doing an 11g Focal Banger clone today.
Using my new RO system output, which dropped our 280 tds well water down to 8! :ban:

Cheers!

Did a citra IPA on thurs and a honey graham amber ale yesterday. Can't wait for them to come out the pipeline!!!

Just finished up an amber ale with cascade/chinook. Made my girlfriend sick from the smell...guess she's hung over from the wedding we went to last night:( Poor timing on my part...

Brewed up 3 gal of imperial stout earlier today. It was the first time I cold steeped the roasted grains and added the liquid to the end of the boil. Overall it smelled great going into the fermenter, think I'm going to stick with that method from now on with my dark beers. This batch should be carbed up and drinking great for St. Paddy's day

I brewed what was supposed to be 3 gallons of ESB today. Ended up with almost 4 gallons at a little lower gravity. That's not a bad thing (it's more beer, and it will be strong enough)

Hoping to put on a batch of Kolsch. Never made one before, and it's one of the categories in a local competition this summer, so I figured it would be worth making an attempt soon.

Worked on a clone recipe for Rare Vos that I think would have been great but when I purchased the base grain I went with Avangard pilsner which apparently, as a German malt, is not nearly as modified as domestic. Guy at the HBS said just be sure to mash for at least an hour and it should be fine. Mashed at 154 for 80 minutes. Boiled this up last night and gravity came in at 1.05 whereas it should have been 1.064! Went low on the hops to begin with so I hope it's not too imbalanced.

I just bottled a gallon of white grape / yellow plum wine. I *should* have racked it to another jug and bottled it in 2 weeks because the wine was nice and clear when I started but the bottles are pretty cloudy. (they'll taste just fine in a month or so, just have a lot of sediment in the bottoms)

I just finished brewing a munich helles! It took a little longer because I was using my new rims system for the first time. Everything went good!

Perfect day for brewing. 10 gallons will be chilling in about 3 minutes. Am Wheat, Cream Ale, and Dry Stout on tap. Kickoff in 4 hours, 71 degrees and clear. Perfect day.

Well, not exactly the weekend, but I took the week off.
I'm in the middle of the first of two brews I'm going to do this week. This one is a brown, followed by blonde later this week. I plan to bounce back and forth between my blonde recipe and my brown till I can get them nailed down. Really aiming for consistency this year.

Going to try to refine my white beer this weekend; really love Allagash White so I've got a culture from dregs of a 4-pack on the stir plate.

A little late of an entry, but brewed 18 gal of rye Kentucky Common this past Sunday. Really trying to perfect this style. It's like a craft Yuengling for any PA drinkers out there. Got three 5 gal
carboys and three 1 gal jugs. The big jugs are trials on two hybrid yeasts (WL San Fran Lager and WL Kolsch yeast), and a sour. The smaller jugs I used WLP004 Irish Ale and plan on testing out different dry-hopping.

Hoping to do up 10 gals of a chocolate stout. Ran outa of the Pumpkin Pie Porter, need to get more dark beer into kegs!..

Hopefully to rebrew 10 gal of Russian river 2 Hill 56 Ipa... brewed it a few months ago.. was gone way too quick...

Gathering last bits of needed equipment to do my first ever AG brew next weekend. Own recipe of course :D Done boil tests with our electric range as well as a hotplate, both took over 2h to boil 12L of cold water so probly gonna have to go buy a ring burner. A bit weary to boil with that inside the garage as it's promised -20c for the weekend, I do have a motorbike lifter table (metal surface) which I'm planning to use as a table as well as have proper extinguishers at hand (blanket, garden hose and a 6kg bottle)

I'll be brewing a Coconut Milk DIPA this weekend. Got the recipe from another thread here and I'm super excited about how it's going to turn out.

Was thinking about doing a Franzi clone, but I couldn't find a recipe. So it'll be a Mosaic IPA instead.

Pipeline is getting low and I need to fill kegs so Saturday will be another batch of my toasted ale. Always a crowd pleaser.

Just decided: I'm going to do that Mosaic IPA I've been wanting to do for a while. I'll basically use EdWort's Pale Ale grain bill and a bunch of Mosaic. Supposed to be near 50 this weekend, so heck yes, I'm brewing!

Brewing 10 gallons of Amarillo/Mosaic IPA this weekend. Then maybe a 3 gallon batch in a couple of weeks of a French Toast Brown Ale I have thinking of trying.

Was just granted permission for a conical visit by SWMBO. Doing a robust chocolate/orange porter.

I'll be brewing up a Helles either tomorrow or Sunday. It is always on my "to brew" list, but I always end up making something else. So this weekend I am finally brewing it.

Took the day off work today (wife is out of town so I had to be home early when the kids get off the school bus so just took the whole day) and brewed an Amarillo IPA. I usually brew at night so day brewing is a treat.

Back