White Labs Vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many do you need? I have like 8-10 of them on my desk and I need to get rid of them. I can send them for the cost of flat rate USPS box.

How many do you need? I have like 8-10 of them on my desk and I need to get rid of them. I can send them for the cost of flat rate USPS box.

Thanks!

I'll take all of them. I finally admitted to myself the only way I'll be able to start reusing yeast is if I freeze store it. I don't brew often enough with the same strains to keep them viable in the fridge.

I figure: fill them half up with yeast slurry, top it off with glycerine (leaving a little headspace), and keep them in my chest freezer.

If all else fails, if/when I switch to kegging, I'll DIY them into tap handles.

PM me how much shipping is and how you want paid.

Thanks!

I'll take all of them. I finally admitted to myself the only way I'll be able to start reusing yeast is if I freeze store it. I don't brew often enough with the same strains to keep them viable in the fridge.

I figure: fill them half up with yeast slurry, top it off with glycerine (leaving a little headspace), and keep them in my chest freezer.

Then when you get a nice collection of frozen yeast you can build a freezer to look like the DNA cold storage from Jurassic Park to store your yeast in.

JP-DinoDNA1.jpg

Thanks!

PM me your zip and I will pack them up and zip to the post office for a rate.

I don't know exactly how many I have but I'd say at least a dozen. I'm in West Jordan right next to the Jordan Landing mall. You're welcome to what I have.

I don't know exactly how many I have but I'd say at least a dozen. I'm in West Jordan right next to the Jordan Landing mall. You're welcome to what I have.

Cool. I'm just up the road in Copperton.

I kind of have a lot going on this weekend. But I can meet up with you next week.

I work weekends and nights so it might get a little tricky finding a time to do the handoff. If it gets too complicated I could leave them on my porch and you could just grab them when you have time. PM me when you have an idea when you'll make it around this way.

Looks like I've got 16 of 'em. Fair warning, I used them and capped them without rinsing. They're all 3-4 years old.

I work from home Tuesdays and Fridays during the summer. So those days might work best.

That could be done serious funk. If I can't get them clean, I'll find another use for them.

I'll send you a pm later today.

Gameface,

They cleaned up nicely after a day in 1step. I think I'll flash sterilize them too to make sure I kill anything that I might have missed and to make sure the caps are sanitized.

This is the first time I've really looked at white labs caps. They are kind of like soda plastic bottle caps. There is a plastic insert for the seal. I'm not sure I can get those properly sanitized without boiling.

image.jpg

My understanding is that those vials are 2L soda bottle blanks. So I think those caps are exactly the same as a soda bottle cap. I think you can find brand new caps on eBay for pretty cheap.

Back