Zany Beer Blending Fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
I recently recorded (via Skype) a blended beer tasting with the guys from Basic Brewing Radio. It was a fun excuse to open 9 bottles of homebrew (including some of my favorite batches) and try some combinations I probably wouldn’t have otherwise.

A faux Oud Bruin made with equal parts Brett C spiked old ale, 2 year old cognac oaked wee heavy, and Berliner Weiss was the strangest and one of the tastiest. There were a couple not so hot blends for example, my smoked porter, and a “historic” lightly smoked sour porter James brewed, apparently lots of smoke and sourness don't go well togther.

I thought the show was a lot of fun, hopefully it will inspire other people to try something similar with a group of friends. Having eveyone bring some homebrew would probably make it even more interesting. Just remember to keep notes of what you blend so you can recreate your favorites again.

Audio: http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbr12-04-08blending.mp3

Recipes (since most weren't covered too well in the limited time of the show): The Mad Fermentationist: Blending Beers with Basic Brewing Radio

Man, beaten to the punch on my own story. I just saw someone posted a link to the podcast yesterday in the Blending Beers thread.

Back