Stella clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayzr65

Reaction score
I wasnt sure where to post this, but I am looking for a Stella clone( for the wife)
I am not at the "all grain" phase yet, but have done a couple of specialty grains
with LME amd they turn out pretty good.
I have found a recipe but no one that says the have tried it.
The last one I tried from a modified coopers can kit turned out good ,
but not close to a Stella..

primary...Celabrator clone
secondary.. seirra neveda pale ale
bottled.. Belhaven wee heavy

thanks, JB

rayzr65 said:
I wasnt sure where to post this, but I am looking for a Stella clone( for the wife)
I am not at the "all grain" phase yet, but have done a couple of specialty grains
with LME amd they turn out pretty good.
I have found a recipe but no one that says the have tried it.
The last one I tried from a modified coopers can kit turned out good ,
but not close to a Stella..

primary...Celabrator clone
secondary.. seirra neveda pale ale
bottled.. Belhaven wee heavy

thanks, JB

Just so you know, Stella is a lager, so unless you have lagering capabilities, it probably would not be feasible at this time. Lagering requires being able to control the temp of your fermentation with a modified refridgerator, among other things

Jason

If you do have lagering capabilities, I'd say (off the top of my head, with no ingredient guides b/c I'm at work) Belgian Pils malt to around 1.050, a clean European lager yeast (Copenhagen?), noble hops to about 25IBU, a touch more for aroma. If it's Stella in bottles she likes, consider leaving it in the sun or dry hopping with a skunk.
;)

Back