What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might decide to brew. I've got a pomelo that I've been wanting to use in a brett white IPA. I've also been getting crazy with the hops and would like to try and make a more restrained pale ale with 3942. Need to get another batch of BdG going for a thing in May and want to take a stab at making an Oerbier inspired brew as well. I'd like to make an imperial stout to surprise the mrs with for Valentine's day. I've only got two primaries to use at the moment so I'll have to narrow it down.

A friend is coming over to bottle the 10 gallons of cider I made for him, so I may just brew tomorrow instead. The cider is embarissingly not my most successful fermentation project. We'll experiment with adjusting the final products with some tannin and acid blend.

Cornbread, eh? Please tell me there is cast iron and little to no sugar involved.

Hope you have a great day Mark! Enjoy the cooking, company, and eating of course.

You should do something Oerbier inspired - you've been thinking about it long enough ;)

Yes ... baked in a cast iron skillet with no sugar in sight. You have a great one as well - however you choose to pass it!

Gotta have a beer whilst making things tht also use yeast, homemade rains bread...

HB IPA

image-3346046795.jpg

Finally caught up. Been behind about 10-20 pages since Sunday. Happy thanksgiving all! Had some of my pumpkin saison last night. Been bottled for a few months now and the cinnamon is getting stronger if anything it seems.

Some double spice chai for now, after a good pre -meal run.

Also exciting news, just found out that there is a new LHBS opening a few blocks from the condo we're buying. Should close before the end of the year.

120L? You mean crystal 120? Good call on not adding. Hefe is pils + wheat. That's it. No idea on your extract question. That stuff seems more complicated than all grain to me.

No turkey for you today? :(

I start over thinking recipes and I add junk that is unnecessary. I should send you my stout. I am not adding it but I will do a 45 min boil after all. It'll be fine. The 45 min is just for hops really, that's about it.

I have a little turkey roast, basically the breast of a turkey without a bone, that I am going to cook up. Nothing big. I don't have any place to go so brewing is a great idea.

Hello said:
I start over thinking recipes and I add junk that is unnecessary. I should send you my stout. I am not adding it but I will do a 45 min boil after all. It'll be fine. The 45 min is just for hops really, that's about it.

I have a little turkey roast, basically the breast of a turkey without a bone, that I am going to cook up. Nothing big. I don't have any place to go so brewing is a great idea.

You could come spend the day with my family if you want to trek up to NW PA! Otherwise brewing is a great way to spend the day. I wish you the best and hope the hefe turns out well!

tyzippers said:
You could come spend the day with my family if you want to trek up to NW PA! Otherwise brewing is a great way to spend the day. I wish you the best and hope the hefe turns out well!
Haha thanks. Long trek today but I didn't mean to sound so sad. I get turkey and beer. Things could be worse, I could be out of beer. :)
WesleyS said:
Mmmm, I love deep fried turkey.
Me too! I've done a couple and they were all great.

Winter Wonder Ale

image-2670451277.jpg

TNGabe said:
Those look darn fine!

I'm drinking coffee, something I haven't done much of lately as I got pretty burned out on roasting when I was doing it for the farmers market. Did a couple batches in the popcorn popper last night. How many of you coffee drinkers roast your own and who else uses a scale and a timer to brew?

Thanks. They tasted darn fine too. :)

I'd love to try my hand at roasting my own beans. Maybe some day I'll give it a shot.

Hello said:
Haha thanks. Long trek today but I didn't mean to sound so sad. I get turkey and beer. Things could be worse, I could be out of beer. :)

Winter Wonder Ale

Nice picture.

Hello said:

Winter Wonder Ale

It was more me feeling bad you didn't have anywhere to go on thanksgiving. If you're happy, then I'm happy!

And I agree, that a nice pic! The beer match the pic?

Growler of master of pumpkins from tröegs with hard rootbeer in between going for a good t-day today

image-220898570.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Getting close to the big event, so time to break out the good stuff! This one lives up to the hype!

Thanks Allen!

Glad you are enjoying it. I don't care much for pumpkin beers, but that one is a damn good one. Although, that could just be the homer in me talking.

Saugatuck brewing co's Neapolitan stout, my favorite seasonal! Bought out the whole store of it.

Happy turkeyday HBTers. At the inlaws, brought some conversation beer...

ForumRunner_20131128_132356.png

Brash Item9. Heffe meets DIPA. Hops fade quickly, then strong and tasty.

Back