Sanyo 4912 Quarter Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taydawg197

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I searched around and didnt really find much but Im sure its been talked about 1000 times. I know a Sanyo 4912 cant fit 1/2 barrels, but i heard of people using 1/4 barrels in it of commercial brew. I was just wondering how it fits in there since its really the same diameter of a 1/2 just shorter. How do you have your sanyos setup for this?:confused:

Thanks!

I'm not sure that you can. I have seen thin and tall 1/4 kegs, but I think they are too tall for the 4912. You might be able to fit a 1/6 keg in it, but then you have to make sure that the sanke tap will fit.

what about if you were to prop the quarter keg up on the back step and support it with something underneath. It might be deep enough that way but im not sure where the C02 could go. On top of the keg laying down? Anyone see any issues with that?

Oh I'm dumb! Didn't even notice a slim 1/4 keg on that page. That should fit. I know that Yuengling uses those kegs.

adx said:
Oh I'm dumb! Didn't even notice a slim 1/4 keg on that page. That should fit. I know that Yuengling uses those kegs.

unfortunately i cant get Yueng up in New England.

Ive never seen a slim quarter around otherwise

It would vary by brewery. You could call the beer shop and ask them what they carry in the the tall 1/4 kegs.

Back