a request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmithsEra

Reaction score
Hello
this might seem like an unusual request, but I was wondering if someone would send me a bottle of their homebrew just so I can taste. I have never drank a home brew and recently started my first batch. If someone can do this please pm and I will trade a six pack of mine when its ready. (First batch) might Kornberg the best...around..

Shipping beer is expensive. I highly recommend heading to a local homebrew club (Yes there should be one near you) and sample there brews. 98% of every club meeting I have been to someone was handing some stuff out to share...

Good idea I have talked go those guys but they seem to think because I'm 26 and not 46 that I am a strange occurrence at the LHBS. It does however make more sense to start there.

I definitely recommend a club. Looks like your closest LHBS is Steinfillers, which is where Long Beach Homebrewers is based. I'm a member of brewcommune, and I know you'll probably find someone on there who'd be more than willing to let you try a beer. I'd offer but I'm way down in south OC and my wife is 8 mo pregnant, so I'm not exactly allowed visitors these days :eek:

I agree on the homebrew club - ours meets once a month and we always have a half dozen beers to taste and sample. Plus, it is really a great source of tips and advice. You can learn from your own mistakes - which takes years, or you can learn from other people's mistakes which takes very little time at all. The shipping can work too and I would gladly ship some, but Iowa to CA is a long way to successfully ship beer.

MisterTipsy said:
I've never had a pineapple upside down cake. Could someone bake and send me one?

1 or 2 shots cake vodka
1/2 can pineapple juice ~3 oz
1/2 can ginger ale ~6 oz
Splash of grenadine

Your welcome

Substitute cake vodka for orange skittles infused vodka and its a hawaiian punch.

You forgot the paper umbrella garnish.

I don't want some girlie man drink. I want cake, damn it. This one:

pineapple-upside-down-cake.jpg

I've never had a wife, will somebody send me theirs?

(I imagine for some of you, this isn't such a difficult request to agree to - especially if I trade you for 6 of my ex girlfriends later on) :)

Suddenly, I want someone to brew a beer and rack on a pineapple upside down cake.

pineapple-upside-down-cake.jpg

I'll take a sixer. kthanks!

Back