How much beer do you drink daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
~1-2 an evening. Sometimes 3-4 and sometimes none. It's definitely calmed down from when I first started kegging. It was 5-7 / night back then. This was also pre children :D

One 12 ounce bottle per night with supper. Weekends are unlimited within reason and then it still depends on what I am doing. I'd say 3 to 4 per day on the weekends. Also going to start trying to incorporate at least one day a week with no alcohol.

Monday through Thursday it's usually none to 1 depending on what I'm eating and what beer is on hand. If it's a good food combo I usually have something light like an ordinary bitter, cream ale, pale ale, etc. Friday-Sunday all bets are off depending what's going on and in the summer there is almost always something. Still I try to keep it in check although I love me some homebrew.

The limiting factor is waistline. I try to balance beer intake with exercise - although not at the same time;)

ok so im the drunk here. 6-7 12ozs daily on weekend whith company no problams killin 12-18 solo style.

I like to joke about it and say i am practicing for when i move to germany. I must be doing something right cause when we visited there last year i had no problems keeping up with the resident "pro"

I'm in the one to four a day category if theres beer on hand and have a day or two where there's no drinking. On the weekends it really depends on what I'm doing. If were BBQing with friends and family than who know's... I work on satrtdays and sometimes Sunday's though so not really as much as it sounds... Ha..ha..:drunk:

Haven't had a beer in a week though and won't for another week and a half as I'm waiting for my dang beer to be done!

Depends on whether I'm pleased with my current stock of homebrew. A couple a months back I had a couple of green-apple bombs that I screwed up. Consumption was maybe 1-2 a night. Currently I have an IPA and northern brown that I'm pretty pleased with, so it's more like 3-4 a night.

During the school year, I generally don't drink Sun-Thu nights as my wife & I get up stupid early to work out before work. Then Fri & Sat it's pretty much wide open. In the summer, though, it's 1-3+ on any given day, with the + sometimes a very wide margin!

1 10 oz glass for most nights, sometimes none. But then again, most of the stuff I brew is north of 8%...I mean 9%...no, probably 10%. Living in the Northwest, I like my warmers.

I drink typically 1-5 beer total for the week (MON-THursday). Friday is typically my night to partake lol. Like last friday I had like 5 24oz mugs of Negra Modelo at the Mexican Resturant lol

But, i've had nothing since then, except for 2 fingers of Crown with a cigar on Monday night.

i'm all over the place with my drinking lol....Starting Friday though, it's on till Aug 15th.....VACATION BAAAAAYYYYYBEEEE!!!!

2 or 3 pints per weekday, 6-12 on Friday with the neighbors, very little on Saturday and then again 5 or 6 on Sunday to brace myself for another week at work. Depending on the neighbor's schedule we may do our binge drinking Saturday. If it is my weekend on call Then I probably wont drink more than 4 beers all weekend.

I very rarely ever drink a beer by itself, always with good food. That for me means it has to be black and full-bodied. I use to have an Anchor Steam Porter but ever since I brewed Denny's Bourbon Vanilla Porter its my favorite....now thats a brew you can almost chew. Maybe 4/week never more than 1 at a sitting.

I either have a beer or water with dinner, but if friends are around then maybe 2-3 beers.

I guess in a typical week I'll drink beer four times and have 5-6 total.

I blame the 90% German in me, i can kill a 6 pack everynight and have for a while now....trying to cut off at 3-4 a night but damn i love me some beer..

ok so im the drunk here. 6-7 12ozs daily on weekend whith company no problams killin 12-18 solo style.

I like to joke about it and say i am practicing for when i move to germany. I must be doing something right cause when we visited there last year i had no problems keeping up with the resident "pro"

I lived in Germany for 10 years and after all my "conditioning" with the locals, no one could keep up with me stateside :mug:

To answer the OP's question.....my Irish heritage tells me to drink every bottle in the damn fridge, but normally limit myself to either none or 1 a night during the week. Weekends I'll put back 7 or 8.

Usually don't drink on weekdays, as I don't want to waste my exercise and weight loss efforts. However on the weekends, its fair game for as many as I want!

Way more than I should.
This

But more specifically, 3-4 a night when I drink, which is usually 3 of 5 weeknights, and then at least one weekend night is going to be 5 to 10 or more if it's a good night. I'd say that's all accurate about 65% of the time, the rest I drink a bit less

Usually three a evening, none on my brewdays (Saturday, Sunday, & Wednesday) until the wort is chilling.

Generally 2-3 but a few nights up to 4-6.The one or two plan never seems to work out.The none plan never seems to work out either.Time for another bottle of milk thistle.The more beer i have i havent tried the more ill have if ive had it or have a sixer of the same thing ill tend to not want to drink a same beer the following night.When i go on a beer shopping spree and i find tons of new ones im like a kid in a candy store and cant resist the curiosity of trying it.

More days than not it is one or two. I like to have one right when I get home from work. I usually skip a day or two a week. If I go out it's usually 5 or six. Nice thing about home brew... Little bit of a financial crises here. I can still drink beer. There were times before I brewed I might not drink for a month.

On average, 2 or 3 a night. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I'll be going home to Ky. this weekend so I'm sure it will be more.

Airborneguy said:
I get stuck USING it a lot, but I couldn't create a spreadsheet to save my life. I use them at work for a million different things, but the formatting is done by our "guru". I also have one for keeping my softball stats ;)

:mug:

I'm as nerdy as you guys. I have some cool spreadsheets. Monitoring drinking is not cool enough. My golf spreadsheet rocks though. PM me if you want a copy...graphs and everything.

I have gotten really into experimenting with new beer so my intake has gone up. Pre-2011 I consumed a 12 pack a month. In 2011 I am averaging a 12 pack a week. I am also building up my bottle supply so I drink pry-offs when I can.

Depends, last week I think I had 4 beers over the whole week and nothing else alcoholic.

I'm cutting beer out for a month from august 11th while I'm training for a marathon, it'll suck for sure but I'm brewing a lot over next few weeks so I'll have an awesome stash for when I've done the marathon on September 11th, which also happens to be my birthday.

About 1-5 a week (22oz.) 7% and up but it depends on what's going on and how the work week is going. And mainly just weekends .

Actually, I'm trying to curtail my consumption to Sat & Sun. in the interest of reducing caloric intake. I've been pretty successful so far. That effort plus watching what I eat has made me 35 lbs lighter.

+1...I try not to drink too much if any, during the week for the same reason. I workout too hard, But Friday and Saturday nights I like to have a liter or two a night. Maybe even three......

I drink a 12 pack or more a week, that includes beers out at the bar too. I rarely drink at home alone and if i do its only one with dinner. My friends and I do have a bad habit of going out a lot though, so that helps my beer intake but not my wallet! Sierra Nevada pale ales on draft are not cheap.....

Back