BeerSmith2: Simplified Brewsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfocus

Reaction score
Hey all,

I decided to create a modified Brewsheet, based on the original one, with a few extra add-ons.

My first objective was to be able to get it printable on only one sheet. I've achieved that by deleting some of the features on the Brewsheet that I find useless (most notably I deleted the Fermentation section, as most brewers would have easy access to their Beersmith when they require that kind of information).

I would not necessarily recommend this to new brewers, since I have deleted some of the useful information, though some of it I find redundant (e.g. "Clean and prepare brewing equipment").

Where possible I've optimized spacing, so things such as Volumes and Gravity readings are now on one line (though well separated so that they are easy and quick to distinguish).

Last of all, in the first part of the sheet, where there's such information as the Brewer's name and the date, etc. I've also added the following information, which gives you a quick overview of your beer (this comes foremost from the fact that I often brew with a friend and we ask each other such questions as "How bitter is your beer" to which the reply is often "Uuuuh, let me just add up all the IBUs of my additions quickly..."): Calories, Est ABV, Est Color, Bitterness and Bitterness ratio.

For a simple-ish recipe, by simply expanding the default area onto which BeerSmith prints, I've succeeded in getting all of this to print onto one page.

I've attached the file as a PDF (can't upload a .HTM)

To install, do the following:
Copy the file to "Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports" and replace the file extension to ".htm"
Add the report type by going to Tools - Options - Reports, Add Report, then select the name you want, select HTML and the filename (SimpleBrewsheet - Copy.htm)

To use, in BeerSmith, when you are in the "My Recipes" view, in the bottom half you can select the Report type you want. Simply pick the name that you gave to the new Report.

Preview:

View attachment SimpleBrewsheet - Copy.pdf

Yeah this is great. It is super annoying to have to print out two pages for the regular brewsheet when I don't need a lot of the stuff on there.

Is anyone else having trouble opening the pdf? Tried on 2 machines, both times, Adobe Reader chokes on it..

It is not actually a PDF file. It is an HTML file that has had the file extension changed to .pdf so he could upload it as an attachment here.

Just download it, then change the file extension to .html

Just like it says in the instructions in the first post.

Copy the file to "Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports" is this different for windows7?
all i seem to find is libraries/documents/beersmith2/reports

i keep getting error message could not find your file please copy to "Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports"

thanks

Yeah I forgot to mention: if anyone wants to change naming stuff and whatnot, you can simply open up the file in Word or Notepad change it to whatever you like and then resave as an HTML file to import it into Beersmith.

Glad people appreciate it!

It there a bug in the report function $EFFICIENCY that doesn't show the % sign or am I missing something?

Nice Job, much cleaner and I won't have to print it at 60% size now to make it fit.

It there a bug in the report function $EFFICIENCY that doesn't show the % sign or am I missing something?

I noticed that when I was creating it: the standard Brewsheet doesn't have the symbol, and to stay as close to it as possible, I decided to not add it.

I just noticed that it's not displaying any dry-hop additions. Not sure if this is intentional or not so I thought I would mention it.

Seven said:
I just noticed that it's not displaying any dry-hop additions. Not sure if this is intentional or not so I thought I would mention it.

He stated in the first post that he deleted the fermentation section which I believe dry-hopping would fall under.

I will try this out when I get to my regular comp. Thanks for taking the time to do this and sharing!

Yes that was removed in the fermentation section. This sheet may not be as ideal as the standard one to go to LHBS to pick up ingredients (as dry hopping and Misc. items added to fermentation will not show up on here) but as stated, the real objective is a "single page needed while brewing".

Latest posts

Back