100% pure awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmugMug

Reaction score
I just wanted to brag for a minute and say that my latest beer (only 2 weeks into primary) already tastes exactly like it's supposed to! I took a hydro sample last night and I swear I could dip a pint glass in there right now and happily drink it. Completely missed the mark getting all the simple sugars from the grain (OG 1.038), but this will be the best near beer I've ever had.

Carry on.

I made an oatmeal stout like that. I have a valve on my fermenter. I did drink some straight out of it. Daym it was good! 5 weeks later it was just better, but its gone now :( That was the first time I used 1084 Irish ale.

Other beers could take up to 6 weeks.

Congrats!

David :)

EP-8525-L.jpg

I felt exactly the same about my Amarillo IPA.

Congrats!

Beer is awesome.

I agree, there should be some sort of forum, or assocation or something for brewing beer at home.

Maybe someone should take the plunge and start selling this stuff at like... restauraunts.. or stores or something..

I've got an IPA that I actually just kegged after two weeks and a day, I tasted the sample and it was freaking perfect. I didn't start drinking it tons until a week had passed, but all that did was help the yeast fall out of suspension better so it was super clear instead of really clear... I did overpitch a safale-05 though so the yeast went berserk and got done in like 2 days ;P

I've got an IPA that I actually just kegged after two weeks and a day, I tasted the sample and it was freaking perfect. I didn't start drinking it tons until a week had passed, but all that did was help the yeast fall out of suspension better so it was super clear instead of really clear... I did overpitch a safale-05 though so the yeast went berserk and got done in like 2 days ;P

Did you hydrate the yeast?

David :)

I sampled my IPA (first batch, original recipe!) at every step from cooled wort to strait from the bottling bucket and it has been exactly as intended. It's been in bottles for 3 days now. The wait to condition/carbonate is going to be way too difficult.

I sampled my IPA (first batch, original recipe!) at every step from cooled wort to strait from the bottling bucket and it has been exactly as intended. It's been in bottles for 3 days now. The wait to condition/carbonate is going to be way too difficult.

I did an inventory count on my bottles yesterday and realized I was at least a half case short. I was planning on bottling tomorrow, but now I'm gonna have to bang on all of my friends' doors who I gave beer to get my bottles back. They're leaving a deposit next time or at least replacing them. This is the second time this has happened. You'd think I would learn.

Back