Father's Day is coming up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintsized

Reaction score
So, Father's Day always sneaks up on me--I can't believe it's this Sunday. I don't know why, but it seems like Mother's Day gets more press, which would seem unfair except for the whole she-gave-birth-to-me thing. Anyways, be sure show your dad you still appreciate him (or, if you are a dad, teach your kids about the wonders and importance of Father's Day!). Here are some gift ideas for the beer-loving dad. My own dad doesn't drink beer :( so I'll have to get him more tools.

The fact that my farther does not EVER touch alcohol of any sort, makes me think I should get the mail man something for farthers day... so basically im with ya at the hardware store

My dad doesn't drink either. He got a Hardly Dangerouson tie and a copy of River of Doubt, a biography of the trip Teddy Roosevelt made down an uncharted river in South American. An excellent book that I recommend for anyone who enjoys history.

My Dad just wants me to visit. We'll have a cookout, talk about fishing, dogs will attend the picnic, and I'll either buy him fishing lures he's too cheap to buy himself, or a shirt/sweater from Kohls..

I 'm going down to get my mustang from the in-laws. maybe Dad and I will run off to the U-Wrench-it place and see if we can find any good parts. He's getting close to putting paint on his cougar too, so that might need some work.

It does seem to sneak up a bit. My dad has gone to a VW show in CT for the past, oh.... 7 years. So I give him a card and mow the lawn while he's gone, or wash his truck for him before he goes.

I'm going down to LI on Saturday, and taking my dad to a Mets game.

Homercidal, what year mustang do you have?

I'm going down to LI on Saturday, and taking my dad to a Mets game.

Homercidal, what year mustang do you have?

It's a 1969 Hardtop. I'm going to just do it up the way I want. Some basics, like hood scoop, change the side scoops, chin spoiler, power seats, modern seatbelts, 351W, custom console from an import that I can't even remember the name of... Just a fun project car. I've always wanted a Mustang.

Now I see that Ice Age 3D is going to be out this weekend. JUST IN TIME FOR FATHER'S DAY! :ban:

It's a 1969 Hardtop. I'm going to just do it up the way I want. Some basics, like hood scoop, change the side scoops, chin spoiler, power seats, modern seatbelts, 351W, custom console from an import that I can't even remember the name of... Just a fun project car. I've always wanted a Mustang.

Now I see that Ice Age 3D is going to be out this weekend. JUST IN TIME FOR FATHER'S DAY! :ban:

**Droooooool**

My favorite car of all time is the '69 fastback. Man oh man. I picked up an '05 GT two years ago used from a dealer. I needed a new daily driver, and couldn't resist. I think they did a great job in their retro design.

For all you doing things with your dad's, enjoy them and take the time to make the contact. I'm doing my first fathersday without my dad. Feels a little strange, but I remember many of the good times you all are talking about doing. Man are they good memories.

**Droooooool**

My favorite car of all time is the '69 fastback. Man oh man. I picked up an '05 GT two years ago used from a dealer. I needed a new daily driver, and couldn't resist. I think they did a great job in their retro design.

I like the "sportroof" better too, but they were going for a bunch more money. I thought I was getting a good deal on this one. Till I got it home and realized how much work I was in for. The 1:45 minute drive each way to work on it has made it slow going.

But, I get to hang out with the FIL and he has a 1967 Cougar that he got for free. His body work is nearly done and almost ready to paint. Mine is basically a shell and a windshield at this time. Almost done with the front end and floors, and almost time to do the quarters and wheelhouses.

Should just add this: http://www.homercidal.com

Back