Metal Fans - Check these guys out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For all you metal/death metal fans, I have to share this one.

Exmortus

These guys are like Yngwie Malmsteen, Slayer and Dragonforce get put through the Cannibal Corpsegrinder and collide with Vital Remains. Fantastic stuff. They have elements of thrash, death metal, blazing guitar melodies and wicked riffs. Coupled with blast beat drumming, this stuff is good.

If you like extreme metal and wicked guitar work, check it out. If you don't like metal, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. :mug:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_fU613l78]YouTube - Exmortus-Axes of War[/ame]

Pretty good, would be even better if its was recorded better. You know what pisses me off though? Yngwie hasn't been given the proper acknowledgement he deserves in rock. When I was younger and he came on the scene he didnt get much of a following. Randy Rhodes was really big and rightfully so but Yngwie took guitar to new heights. Seems like the younger generations respect him more. I love the guitar just dont like the devil style vocals.

there were many guitarist on the scene that changed it during that time period. you had Satriani, Yngwie, Slash all of which had their own sound. Yngwie just didnt come out with many good albums. also during this time you had the big bands of the time still going strong with metalica iron maiden and you had the change of suicidal tendancies danzig white zombie all coming on at the same time.

Too much wankering, and not that original. If you want distinct Death Metal check out Mithras and Demilich.

Not bad, I liked the guitar wankery after the bit of vocals, but it's just too bad the vocals got kinda lost. Not the greatest of growls for death metal. The guitarists definitely know how to play, how do the rest of their songs sound?

For some unique canadian DM (montreal) check out Augury.

Yeah, the video doesn't really do them justice. The album is well recorded and the growls are spot on for death metal. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that these guys had been playing death metal since the early 90s. But I think these guys are in their early 20's, which amazes me even more.

Latest posts

Back