Family Tree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHoss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A very cool thing happened today. I've spent the last year and a half or so tracing my family history. I came across the fact that the older brother of my Great Grandfather was born in New York USA as a British subject. Next I see this guy is 5 yrs old living with his uncle back in England.
So life goes on.
I had posted a request for info on a site last year. A couple of weeks ago I got an e-mail from the Great Grandson of this Great GrandUncle of mine.
So today I get 3 e-mails from him that are copies of photos of my relatives from the early 1900's.
I've seen pictures on my Grandparents but never anything older.
Gotta love the internet. :rockin:

Did you use an online service? I have often thought about doing this. very coll that you got the pics of your great grandparents.

I started tracing my family tree.

Found out the canopy is covered in bag worms and the root are all ate up by borers.

Seems I am one of the few decent ones in it. :D

I found a distant cousin on Facebook a few weeks ago. Was interesting.

I have one branch of my family trace back to the 1600's so far.

Did you use an online service? I have often thought about doing this. very coll that you got the pics of your great grandparents.

I did sign up on Ancestry.com on a monthly basis for the English side of my family.
For the Scottish side I used scotlandspeople.gov.uk. With this site I was able to get copies of documents going back to 1688. I also used the Mormon website "Family search". That is a good one and it's free. The information isn't always the most accurate, but it does help get you going and can sometimes confirm suspicions.

I started tracing my family tree.

Found out the canopy is covered in bag worms and the root are all ate up by borers.

Seems I am one of the few decent ones in it. :D

:D It's not always good news when you start searching. At least you find out what kind of tree it is. Looking like a nut tree for me. :)

Apparently I am related to some king in england like 400 years ago.. apparently.. but im pretty sure most everyone is..

Back