Columbus, OH group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scaling back to 1 bag of each.

HBT Handle | # Sacks | Location
===============================
theck | (1) MO (1) 2-row | Cleveland
GuldTuborg | (1) MO | Columbus/Cleveland
jimyson | (3) MO (3) 2-row | Columbus
gwaugh | (2) MO (2) 2-row | Columbus/Cleveland
Thadeus_d3 | (1) MO (1) 2-row | Cleveland
Beehemel (1) 2-row | Columbus
Total Sacks: (9) MO, (8) 2-row

Bump me up to 1 MO and 1 2-row. I also have two friends who said they'd be in for a bag. I'm still getting the specifics on what they want though.

Beehemel (1) 2-row (1) 2-row | Columbus
Total Sacks: (9) MO, (9) 2-row

jasontwing - 2 bags of 2row - Columbus

Thanks Beehemel for spreading the word on this!

Are we locking this down soon? How are we doing payment? I'll start calling around for pricing on Monday?

Beehemel | (1) 2-row (1) 2-row | Columbus
jasontwing | (1) 2-row | Columbus
Total Sacks: (9) MO, (10) 2-row

Wow. and to think i started this thread a year ago… so what’s the time frame on this? has anyone looked into hops?

You want hops look to the hop shack in bucyrus! You can order online and have it shipped.

Have we nailed down a supplier? What brand? All briess?

Have we nailed down a supplier? What brand? All briess?

Not yet... going to try and get an idea of how much we have total then start calling for pricing on various grain. Briess Pale Malt 2 Row is typically what I get if anyone wants something different let me know and I'll check pricing on that as well. The Maris Otter is by Muntons... I'll start calling monday. Going to call Cleveland shops as well as Columbus ones, anyone preference any shops down there since I have no idea which ones are good?

You can put me down for (1) 2-row | Columbus.

Beehemel | (1) 2-row (1) 2-row | Columbus
CbusHbrew | (1) 2-row | Columbus
Total Sacks: (9) MO, (11) 2-row

Not yet... going to try and get an idea of how much we have total then start calling for pricing on various grain. Briess Pale Malt 2 Row is typically what I get if anyone wants something different let me know and I'll check pricing on that as well. The Maris Otter is by Muntons... I'll start calling monday. Going to call Cleveland shops as well as Columbus ones, anyone preference any shops down there since I have no idea which ones are good?

Try Barley Hopsters in Delaware. I know the owner. I'll talk to him about this to see what he can swing.

740-417-4250

The Maris Otter is by Muntons...

Is Munton's all we can get? I was hoping one of these stores would have something else (Fawcett, Crisp, Baird). It's not my preference, but I may still be game depending upon price.

Is Munton's all we can get? I was hoping one of these stores would have something else (Fawcett, Crisp, Baird). It's not my preference, but I may still be game depending upon price.

I'll check pretty much everything 2 row and MO and then can report back my findings.

Beehemel | (1) 2-row | Columbus
CbusHbrew | (1) 2-row | Columbus
Total Sacks: (8) MO, (11) 2-row

I spoke to Jim, the owner of Buckeye Brewcraft in Westerville last week and he said he would be able to do 2 row for $45 and MO for $59. I mentioned some of the other prices we've been seeing on this thread and he said he probably won't be able to beat them. If the Columbus area people want to do that, I'll email him and get it all set up. I know the Label Peelers prices are cheaper, but some might not want to drive all the way to Kent to pick it up. Just another option for everyone.

I am good with this.

I spoke to Jim, the owner of Buckeye Brewcraft in Westerville last week and he said he would be able to do 2 row for $45 and MO for $59. I mentioned some of the other prices we've been seeing on this thread and he said he probably won't be able to beat them. If the Columbus area people want to do that, I'll email him and get it all set up. I know the Label Peelers prices are cheaper, but some might not want to drive all the way to Kent to pick it up. Just another option for everyone.

Thanks for the heads up on their newsletter. I'll probably order some 2 row and a few other items.

Ya getting some myself... paid a little less last time but in need of some 2 row and doubt even with a bulk buy it would be much cheaper.

For those in the Columbus area that are ok with the Buckeye Brewcraft prices, I've created an order form to keep track of all the info. You can fill it out here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WPk2Os_pm6_vHXQEYdlURmfHdmkHFnHeIOIbWOCoCUg/viewform?usp=send_form

Let me know if anything should be added/modified. You will be able to change your answers after you fill it out if you change your mind.

Just noticed this. Let me see if I can get any others in before I submit the form. I'm definitely in for a bag of each though.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just noticed this. Let me see if I can get any others in before I submit the form. I'm definitely in for a bag of each though.

Just fill it in when you can, I haven't placed any orders yet. I'm thinking everyone have their orders in by the 18th and I'll cut off the form and place the order.

Depending on pricing and where the pickup is I would be in for two bags of 2 row. Live in Akron

Ok thanks I'm probably out then. The money id save I would use in gas to pick up

I only received orders for 5 bags, which I don't think is enough for the bulk pricing from Buckeye BrewCraft. I'll leave it open until the end of the month in case anyone else would like to get in, but I'm not placing any orders yet.

Just stumbled on this from the sandusky area is this dead?

Zibe,
Yeah it seems like any kind of organized group but fell apart. I'm kind of close to Sandusky my self. Do you happen to know what HomeBrewOhio is charging for a full sack of 2-row?

Zibe,
Yeah it seems like any kind of organized group but fell apart. I'm kind of close to Sandusky my self. Do you happen to know what HomeBrewOhio is charging for a full sack of 2-row

Breiss is $55 last I got it a few months ago

Buckeye Brewcraft in Westerville is selling 55 lb Briess 2-row for $50 until the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back