Stella Artois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stella is ok. I get some of it in a variety pack that Sam's club carries. I like the other two beers much better, but the Stella is nice to have around for the BMAC drinkers. It's at least in the ballpark of what they normally drink.

I'll reiterate the same sentiment - it's a decent import, but I can usually find a better beer. At least it isn't intentionally skunky to satisfy the "oooh, that nasty flavor must mean this is an excellent import" crowd.

I find it VERY funny that those "I dirnk skunky heiniken to look sophisticated" types look at you funny when you serve a heini in a glass that was poured from a can (even when they don't know that fact) and the swear it isn;t heinekin...cause it ain't Skunked!

(is it bad when I'm getting to lazy to even run my borswer's built in spell checker??)

Stella has better mouth feel and a little more sweetness than say...Budweiser, but if anything, it has less (and maybe NO) hops....right?

What am I missing here?

I guess I'll drink keystone if I feel like it and its free, what is the fascination with this flavorless wonder?

It is served just about everywhere in the UK, where it is brewed on licence. It has a reputation as the drink of choice for people who want to get drunk and start fights. We call it "wife beater" :)

Over here at least it is not a premium beer. Low IBU minimal malt flavour, our version of BMC.
I have had some on tap in france and it was quite nice, could have just been really thirsty though.

Back