amber malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
ok 9 ag batches in loving this so far. My buddy has a very ambitious recipe that we are trying to convert from extract to ag. the recipe calls for 6.6lb of amber lme. what would i use to duplicate amber lme? amber malt? or is it something else

Most amber lme appears to be a mix of base malt, munich malt, and crystal 60. 6lbs. 2-row, 2 lbs. munich, and 1 lb. crystal 60 will get you the same color and gravity as 6.6 lbs. amber lme.

Most amber lme appears to be a mix of base malt, munich malt, and crystal 60. 6lbs. 2-row, 2 lbs. munich, and 1 lb. crystal 60 will get you the same color and gravity as 6.6 lbs. amber lme.

This ^

Amber malt is NOT the same as amber malt extract

This is a useful conversion! How about converting 3 lbs of Amber DRY extract into all grain for me? :)

Is there a formula you are using?

Back