My 1st infection w/pics what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
ok so I racked this to secondary lastnight after getting back from a long trip over the weekend. When I opened the primary it def had some thick snot like bubbles on top. I sanatized everything very well and then transfered to secondary this is that it looked like after transfering.

0405092059.jpg

And this is what I woke up to this morning.
0406091220.jpg

It still smells good, I didnt taste it, I might go get a turkey baster today and try it. What do you guys think, I mean its not bad but it is only day one. This is going to be my first kegged beer. Does it seem like it will be ok? I know nothing can hurt me but I keep running through my head, man I bet if people knew about this they wouldnt drink my beer.

Looks like dissolved CO2 coming out of solution probably as a result of you racking to secondary last night. Nothing to worry about.

I think you guys are right about the co2 bubbles, when I went to set it back down the beer moved a little and it broke them up and I can see the indivdual air bubbles now, SWEET!

Back