Cellar Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finsfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I couldnt find a thread for this and was surprised. I know there is one on BA and thought this would be fun to have here as well.

This is not intended to see what others have and ask them to trade, but it is bound to happen, so please PM them to arrange a trade.

I just got into craft beer last spring when I started homebrewing, so there's nothing too rare or exciting. I currently live in a house that had a pre-built cellar just waiting for me. The shelves are very old but still more then sturdy. They are so old I found multiple newspapers from 1968, in perfect condition, under about an inch of dust when I moved in. Its nothing fancy, but it stays a constant 60-65 degrees, and was FREE! I do label everything with the month and year that I start to cellar it, just to know how long I have had it. All of the six packs and beers with mailing label are my HBs. Lets see your cellars HBTers! :mug:

photo 3.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 3 (1).jpg

The older the beer, the lower the shelf. I have most of my good ones on the floor in boxes just in case.

I'm looking to start one. Can't wait to see what people post to see what people are aging.

I use an old plastic shelf from a grocery store. I plan on making a wooden one this spring/summer. I'll post up some stuff when I get home. I don't cellar ipas either :)

I use an old plastic shelf from a grocery store. I plan on making a wooden one this spring/summer. I'll post up some stuff when I get home. I don't cellar ipas either :)

Haha you dont have a case of heady aging?! I think the only IPA that is worth aging would be 120.

This just puts my garage/brew house to shame, with its random placing of boxes filled with beer where ever it would fit.
One day I'll organize it. Not today, probably not tomorrow, but maybe someday

My cellar (basement) gets down to 42-43F during the winter and as high as 65 during the summer. I usually throw the fermenters down there during summer. During winter, it's perfect as my beers are nice and cool. If I don't have the beer I'm looking for in the fridge, I simply go downstairs grab one and pop one open.

Sweet collection! All I have cellared is some of my homebrew. If I buy commercial beer I usually drink it within a week or so because I'm buying it for a reason. I'd love to have a collection like that though... How do you keep your beer for so long without drinking it? haha. Do you buy a crap load at once or did you collect it over a year or so? Or do you simply just not drink super often?

Sweet collection! All I have cellared is some of my homebrew. If I buy commercial beer I usually drink it within a week or so because I'm buying it for a reason. I'd love to have a collection like that though... How do you keep your beer for so long without drinking it? haha. Do you buy a crap load at once or did you collect it over a year or so? Or do you simply just not drink super often?

I will normally have at least a beer or two a night, sometimes six. I have got most of these in trades but some on vacation or locally. Its easy to not drink them when I know how much they cost or that I cant get them regularly. I pull one or two out a month to drink on the weekends or with friends. HB is also good to have around if you want to cellar stuff for awhile and not drink it. It keeps my mind off of it. I do look at them most days and contemplate drinking something, but I normally have the will power not to until I have a good reason to. :D

I will normally have at least a beer or two a night, sometimes six. I have got most of these in trades but some on vacation or locally. Its easy to not drink them when I know how much they cost or that I cant get them regularly. I pull one or two out a month to drink on the weekends or with friends. HB is also good to have around if you want to cellar stuff for awhile and not drink it. It keeps my mind off of it. I do look at them most days and contemplate drinking something, but I normally have the will power not to until I have a good reason to. :D

Awesome. This hobby makes you develop a certain level of willpower. Perhaps I'll start my cellar collection some point soon! My homebrew storage needs an upgrade anyway so this will add to the need for some good shelves and storage! Thanks for sharing. :mug:

Awesome. This hobby makes you develop a certain level of willpower. Perhaps I'll start my cellar collection some point soon! My homebrew storage needs an upgrade anyway so this will add to the need for some good shelves and storage! Thanks for sharing. :mug:

I was pretty lucky as this was already set up. Almost like it was waiting for me to use it. Good luck on yours, its easier then you think to save the good ones!

Wow. Drool!

Maybe I'll post what I have, though it isn't much, so others can see how pathetic it is!

I've been looking for a reason to go through my "cellar" (read: office closet), so thanks Fin. My collection resides in beautiful cardboard boxes, so I'll just post up what I've got stashed :fro:

WOW! You have quite the collection going. I hope to get my hands on some KBS someday and that Boulevard Imperial Stout is so good! Thanks for sharing. :D

I would argue that it isnt impressive! I have a beat and prop! You gotta start somewhere ;) I knew yours would be nice.

Are you going to sit or drink your prop? I'm debating on it. I wish I had enlightened space to line them all up. I just shove them on the shelf and add them to my cellarhq

Are you going to sit or drink your prop? I'm debating on it. I wish I had enlightened space to line them all up. I just shove them on the shelf and add them to my cellarhq

I meant to put U* but even then I should have spelled it out haha my bad. I wish I had both of those brews.

When you have a gold mine like Hill Farmstead. People will trade almost anything for special release bottles!

This just puts my garage/brew house to shame, with its random placing of boxes filled with beer where ever it would fit.

One day I'll organize it. Not today, probably not tomorrow, but maybe someday

I'm with you. I've got a cellar, with about 300 bottles. But everything is in shelves and labeled boxes, categorized, covered, etc. It's nothing to look at and I'm not about to empty it all out for photos.

Aging Buffalo Sweat? Really?

Not aging, just needed a place for them. I bought a case and put it in there. Most have gone out on trades, but im also keeping some to drink throughout the year until it comes back out. Notice that I dont have IPAs in there though. :D

Not aging, just needed a place for them. I bought a case and put it in there. Most have gone out on trades, but im also keeping some to drink throughout the year until it comes back out. Notice that I dont have IPAs in there though. :D

Why are they labeled. Lol

Back