Our kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdawson

Reaction score
My Friend and I had brewed a few beers and decided we would really like to keg some beers, so thanks to this forum we decided to build a Kegerator. My friend is a member on here also, username Rich2268. So here is our build thread.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cooler we used, It is a Reddi Wip cooler like what you would see in a grocery store. Worked up really well we can cool down to about 20 degrees with the controls that are built into the cooler/freezer.

Here is the start of the bar top. All of this wood is what we had laying in the garage. The edges are about 3/4"x2 1/2" Oak. The top is 1/4" plywood we had. In the first pic you see me on the right and my dad om the left. My friend is behind the camera in the pictures.

Here is a action shot.

Fitting the last Side.

All glued up.

Sitting in the house drying, It was kind of cold outside yet. You also see the tap top on this picture also.

Putting the end caps of the tap tower together.

Glued

Parts came in the mail.

Just sitting there for looks.

Top mounted.

Put a little stain on it.

Laying on some clear.

Added a chain to keep from opening too far.

Starting to layout some caps.

I know, why is there a coors there.

Coming together.

Layout finalized. About 550 Caps.

Me mixing the epoxy resin.

First pour. This stuff is VERY sticky. Definitely recommend gloves.

Second or third pour, i can't remember.

Sitting getting ready for another pour.

Another pour.

Just after the pour.

I think the final pour.

Finally Done!

Thanks, guys.

i like the small tower. looks good

What do you mean by small, in what sence? It is actually not that small, than tower it self is about 4"x6" and about 11" tall. The top cross section is the same size but about 10" long. The bottom of the pour spout is about 12" from the counter top.

I am used to seeing people build larger coffin boxes or putting in one of the stainless towers, your "smaller" tower made of wood is a nice alternative to the many other builds you see on here.

Great job.

What epoxy resin (brand/manufacture) did you use for the top?

Brent

It is Kleer Koat from the uscomposites.com website. It is about the best price resin that we could find. I got 1 gallon or resin and 1 gallon of hardener (1:1 ratio) with some mixing containers and a stirrer for under $100.

Nice work!!! Love the Blues glasses. I have the same one and it's only brought out for the games!

Hey nice job guys! I just aquirred a reddi whip cooler like that one. Its a working one I want to keep original. Mine didn't have any of the ready wip art advertising on it. Was wondering if you still have your artwork and if I could have it for my freezer.... Please contact me, Id be glad to pay for shipping. moose_biz2000 atyahoo dot com. Thanks! Rob

Hey nice job guys! I just aquirred a reddi whip cooler like that one. Its a working one I want to keep original. Mine didn't have any of the ready wip art advertising on it. Was wondering if you still have your artwork and if I could have it for my freezer.... Please contact me, Id be glad to pay for shipping. moose_biz2000 atyahoo dot com. Thanks! Rob

I only have the front insert as seen in the pictures. I tossed the side inserts. I don't know what I really want to do with the front. Thought about making something else to go in there, but for now I am keeping the reddi wip insert. There was originally stick on decals on the sides and front also but I peeled those off and threw those away also.

Made a couple of flights. Here are the 2 beers we have on tap right now. Two on the left are the second red ale and the 2 two are a blonde that got a little dark. Niether are actually as dark as they look in the pic.

IMG_20130725_202259_766.jpg

Found your thread searching for epoxy/bottle cap for my keezer. Looks like yours came out great. Do you still know what product you used or how much it took? (How thick, actual surface area or # of caps is probably just as good.

Back