Fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosnum08

Reaction score
I live in SE Michigan and plan to do all of my fermenting in the basement but want to build some sort of fermentation chamber because of the benefits of stabilized temperatures. I have been taking temperatures of my basement and it has been around the 60 degree mark over the past few days. The outside temps have been getting close to freezing at night and aorund the lower 50's during the day.

Is it worth it to buy a chest freezer and a dual stage temperature controller or is there a more effective build for my situation? It seems that the freezer would hardly have to turn on except for possibly some in the hottest parts of summer. My main goal is to get constant temperatures without having to monitor them often. Are there any other builds you would suggest?

Thanks

take a look at the ebay temp controller build... I would also recommend looking at the heater project using a paint can and light... Consider an airconditioner and using foamboard too :)

Back