what will YOU do with your tax return?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paparker21

Reaction score
I'm going to try and build a conical ferment....wai..wha?...owe 500$? *GROAN*

How about you guys? I'm sure lots of you have spent the past 12 months with your mouths watering for that tax return and the spare change to get that next piece of equipment- so what will it be?!

It is going into a car fund. Although it is almost enough to buy a Brewmagic. Stupid adult decisions....

Boilermaker, March pump, silicone hose, and a bunch of shiny SS fittings. I love February... Between our tax refund and my annual bonus from work, I make the most money in the shortest month! :ban:

Pffft I don't get to use mine for fun... but hey at least now my car insurance is paid off for a while, I hate monthly payments.

Having eloped lite (12 people at the wedding), I don't know why anyone doesn't.

If anything, I guess a bottling bucket. I am sick of bottling with the auto siphon. Most of the refund is probably going to a king sized bed. When you are 6'3, sharing a queen size bed with SWMBO means waking up three times a night without any blood circulation in your arm.

I am going to pay off my truck....not exciting but financially smart.

I bought a top tier.... Lol it'll be here tomorrow. Gonna brew this weekend.

I'm staring at two awesome checks right now... but not plans as of yet. I'm fearing that I may just deposit them into the bank and they will slowly disappear into bill payments.

Cutting a check here to Uncle Sam also. But then again, that just means more brew for me for most of the year.

My Federal return is going to pay off my State tax bill.

MY GOD, I love this state!

HerbieHowells said:
Having eloped lite (12 people at the wedding), I don't know why anyone doesn't.

If anything, I guess a bottling bucket. I am sick of bottling with the auto siphon. Most of the refund is probably going to a king sized bed. When you are 6'3, sharing a queen size bed with SWMBO means waking up three times a night without any blood circulation in your arm.

Get a California King. It is about 5" longer and a few inches thinner than a traditional king. Makes a great bed for us tall people. The only bed I can sleep in that my feet do not hang off the bottom. Though finding sheets can be a pain, you have to order them as most stores don't carry them.

As for my tax return... I don't give uncle Sam a tax free loan. I adjust it enough so I get a very small return and keep it all working for me :)

Get a California King. It is about 5" longer and a few inches thinner than a traditional king. Makes a great bed for us tall people. The only bed I can sleep in that my feet do not hang off the bottom. Though finding sheets can be a pain, you have to order them as most stores don't carry them.

As for my tax return... I don't give uncle Sam a tax free loan. I adjust it enough so I get a very small return and keep it all working for me :)

but you lose the 5 inches in width. i never knew that until i bought my king bed.

Self employed, there ain't no "return", there's just "pay the bill". Not complaining, mind you - it's been a pretty good year.

fwiw, standard Kings are 76" wide x 80" long, while a California King is 72" wide x 84" long. Being 6' 5" I've always bought the latter. Being a skinny f**k there's still plenty o' room for the spousal unit ;)

Cheers!

Self employed, there ain't no "return", there's just "pay the bill". Not complaining, mind you - it's been a pretty good year.

fwiw, standard Kings are 76" wide x 80" long, while a California King is 72" wide x 84" long. Being 6' 5" I've always bought the latter. Being a skinny f**k there's still plenty o' room for the spousal unit ;)

Cheers!

Yup, i love the extra length and dont miss the width at all. Upgrading from a queen i did not even notice...

[Wow, this sounds bad]

Wish I got a "return." I got bumped I to s higher bracket this year. Yay!

Man, glad to hear i'm not the only one who had dashed dreams of a return this year. lol. Grats to all of you planning to get married! Sounds like there are at least a couple people enjoying their return though :)

Grain Mill

20 lb. Analog Scale

4lbs of PBW

50 lbs Rahr 2-Row.

I was actually putting the order together when I came here and found this thread. Odd.

Mainly saving for vacation to Dominican Republic before deployment. Maybe squeeze out a few dollars from the SWMBO for some ingredients.

Well, I tried to end the year at 0 for federal...I ended up owing $3! :ban:

I was afraid to try that with state as we have a real moron in office and there was no telling what he was going to do. As such I'll get a bit back...

I'm thinking I may get some kegging equipment...

I'm going to try and build a conical ferment....wai..wha?...owe 500$? *GROAN*

How about you guys? I'm sure lots of you have spent the past 12 months with your mouths watering for that tax return and the spare change to get that next piece of equipment- so what will it be?!

Not me. It's not smart money management and I don't see any reason to let Washington use my money for free. They can ef off!

Not me. It's not smart money management and I don't see any reason to let Washington use my money for free. They can ef off!

I agree with this as long as you're disciplined enough to still save money. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would NOT have saved as much as I am getting back, and it's ALL going into savings.

I'm getting a big return this year (yay new baby!!!). So we're refurnishing the living room and I'm building a keezer. Woooo!!!

I thought I was going to get some back having a new baby this year. Nope. This year the feds are taking the loot.

BTW Right on BBKing... GO RON PAUL!!!

I agree with this as long as you're disciplined enough to still save money. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would NOT have saved as much as I am getting back, and it's ALL going into savings.

You don't give yourself enough credit. Anyone can amass a fortune with a little discipline. Always pay yourself first.

Back