Show us your mash paddles!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fermentalist

Reaction score
Homemade or bought, clean or sticky, we wanna see em!

100MEDIA_IMAG0222.jpg

Beer bottle mash paddle 1.0, birch. There was was actually a criss cross in the middle of the bottle but the router bit shattered that. It works though. :mug:
DSC00002-1.jpg

Well, comparing... mine's not as intricate, but I made it while brewing yesterday. I still need to sand down the holes. I am still contemplating whether or not to mineral oil it or not. That always seems to start something on here... Made out of red oak scrap

paddle.jpg

Mine is sorta homemade, designed it in proE at work and had it cut on our laser. Works great and cleans up very easily.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

I recently moved up to a keggle, so I needed a longer paddle to get leverage. I made this from a scrap of 4/4 maple. It's 40" long and 3-1/2" wide. I drilled 1-3/8" dia. holes with a forstner bit and rounded over all edges and holes with a 1/4" roundover bit in a router table.

MashPaddle_zpsc4b995b4.jpg

I bought the wood to make a mash paddle a few months ago. My wife sketched out a pattern and everything... just need to find the time to cut it out. I'll post it here once I finally get around to it!

Looks good though!!

Going to make one out of maple soon. Fermentalist your paddle is just one of a kind, love it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

this my homemade one. a re-purposed piece of red maple that used to be a couch. you can still see the nail and staple holes :p

CAM00452.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411440121.771548.jpg
Had some Cocobola kicking around. Told my kids that when I was in school my principal had one of these hanging in his office... They thought I was kidding!!!

"God is great, beer is good, & WOMEN are crazy!"
-Billy Currington
(modified by me)

It's shown upside down of course but you get the idea, runs at a nice and slow 2 RPM.

mash paddles.jpg

Back