So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wrapped up a no boil Berliner Weisse and a Sour Brown. Think this may be the last brew day for a couple of months. This heat is killing me! Good thing I've got plenty in the pipeline to keep me stocked!!!

monday Tuesday is my weekend so i will be brewing then. On deck is a mango agave wheat. Cascade hops, 8LBS of mangos and 4.5lbs blue agave extract. Going to use the remaining agave to prime.

Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale. Starting at 6am so I can watch the little one at noon tomorrow. My third all grain batch, still fighting the efficiency blues. 57% on the first and 59% on the second, hopefully I can get in the 60's tomorrow.

Did my first lager. Trying an Elliot Ness Vienna Lager clone. Got it in the chest freezer at 52 waiting for the (big yeast starter) fermentation to begin.

Saison Persephone today. Grist is Pils, Wheat and Rye, Calypso Hope (trying to use up a pound I have in the freezer), and fermented on washed 3711.

Well I brewed my 15g Extra Pale ale. Couldn't quite get the burner to run correctly. Ended up singing most of my arm hair on my right arm. Then when I went to chill it, I couldn't get it below 90. Guess it's time to upgrade to a larger plate chiller. The 20 plate is no longer cutting it. Had to wait a few hours to pitch the yeast. Hoping it turns out ok..

Brewed 10 gallons of a Black Butte Porter clone, 10 gallons of Milk stout, and kegged 20 gallons, 10 gallons Dead Guy Clone, and 10 gallons of Pale Ale, long day.

My fridge and fermenters are full and my belt is tight. This is a time for drinking. Do more brewing next month.

SWMBO just told me that I don't have to go with her to her folks house this weekend. Expecting to do a back to back brew day on Saturday. Got the first one already, SMaSH brewing both with Maris Otter and Columbus for the first one. Second one will be determined by a coin toss. Willamette or Mt Hood.

Brewing an Oak Aged Chocolate Coffee Stout on Saturday. Its been 6 weeks since i've brewed, and i'm itchin'.

Can you throw any more flavors in there? Lol

Sounds right up my alley, though...

Almost did :)

I've brewed the CCS a couple times and it's always turned out great (still have some that are at the 2 year mark now - wonder how long I can go without drinking them). I'm trying something new this year with the oak. Should be similar to the Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti (somewhat similar anyway, not comparing my brews to Great Divide by any means) with a more-than-subtle coffee flavor. Can't wait.

Smacking the yeast tonight to make a starter tomorrow. Belgium Dubbel Abey Ale Saturday morning before I get roasted in the Indiana desert like conditions. Beeeer ON!

Doing a 5 gallon batch ipa my own recipe. (17th Ave IPA) then next weekend bells wheat beer.

brewing a 10 gallon batch of cream ale - made in the true cream ale fashion of a lager yeast fermented at 60F. :) looking forward to finally having enough of it to keep it on tap - everytime we have brewed 5 gallons its gone in no time flat!!

Hopefully ill have time to brew tomorrow evening. If so, ill be doing a smash beer with canadian "superior" pale malt and "wakatu" ( aka new zealand hallertau).

Damn damn damn. My double brew day may turn into a drive to score a great deal on 3 desperately needed cornies.

Maybe it can be a drive and a single brew.

Brewing up an all Citra pale ale this weekend as part of a homebrew club experiment. Everyone's using the same recipe, but we all chose one different hop so we can compare the differences between different strains.

Back