Help with corking a belgian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcarb

Reaction score
I am getting really frustrated with this and need some help.

I have a really nice belgian tripel and I want to bottle it using traditional corks and belgian bottles. After waiting for weeks, my corks have finally arrived. I go to rent a corker and now they seem to be telling me that the corker won't work. I need some fancy schmanzy super corker device that mushrooms the corks and whatnot.

Can somebody please describe exactly what I need before I give up and either keg the goddam thing or just pour it down the drain to prove a really bad point.

Thanks.

My pleasure! I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I put a lot of research and effort into that last batch and wanted to document as much as I could.

One thing to mention is carbonation levels need to be high if you want to pull the cork out by hand. That actually assists in pushing the cork out. The first few months, I needed a corkscrew to get them out. After six months, I can pull the corks out if I use a towel to get a grip. I would have primed even higher, I think.

Back