World Beer Festival; Raleigh NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
Hey guys.. anyone planning on going to the World Beer Festival in Raleigh on April 29th..??

i thought it would be really cool to meet some of the local homebrewers
...currently we dont have anything ready but it would be neat to swap ideas and suggestions and samplings of some beer!

lets know if anyone is going?

went over there and posted on that thread... we will be attending the 12-4 session as well... figured the 12-4 would be a better time to go...

we may have some honey pale ale ready .. if so we will bring to get advice or kudos! :)

We've been trying to get tickets for a couple days. We could have had afternoon tickets and passed on them because we were trying to get evening tickets... now they're all gone. Bird in the hand thing...

I went on Craigslist and was able to get one for the afternoon session for $35. Not a great deal, but I will drink my fill.

Nate said:
We've been trying to get tickets for a couple days. We could have had afternoon tickets and passed on them because we were trying to get evening tickets... now they're all gone. Bird in the hand thing...

According to what I've been told about the fall World Beer Festival that takes place in Durham, the afternoon festival is much more of a 'mature' crowd. The evening session can become a large, drunken frat party. That's why we opted for the afternoon session... I don't want to wait in line while some dude tries to negotiate a keg stand with the Rogue servers. :)

-walker

Walker-san said:
According to what I've been told about the fall World Beer Festival that takes place in Durham, the afternoon festival is much more of a 'mature' crowd. The evening session can become a large, drunken frat party. That's why we opted for the afternoon session... I don't want to wait in line while some dude tries to negotiate a keg stand with the Rogue servers. :)

-walker

That is actually more my style. I like the action. :rockin:

Actually I'm an old fart that refuses to grow up. :rolleyes: Either way, I know I'm going to have fun tomorrow. I'll be the fat guy in the Miller High Life shirt and the Brewers ball cap.

Back