Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did a major upgrade to my system. RIMS tube. Stainless Counterflow chiller. A pump. And push button igniters for the burners. Plus new camlocks for the tubing, and a new flow through thermometer. I also added another port to the brew kettle for whirlpooling.

The wet test will be done this week, and if it all checks out, I’ll be brewing on it next week.
is there a problem with all the heat and igloo coolers close by? been brewing for a few years just now building a permanent brew stand. (Unistrut)

is there a problem with all the heat and igloo coolers close by? been brewing for a few years just now building a permanent brew stand. (Unistrut)
There won't be enough heat hitting the mash tun to hurt but it should help to keep the mash temp where it should be.

IMG_20210313_091653_272.jpg

Klarstein Maischfest, built a simple table at perfect height using the frame from a barstool !

The cooler did get hot being so close to the top burner, but I had a sheet of aluminum diamond plate that I made a shield with. The bottom burner isn't an issue, though I did put some diamond plate on the wood stand too. I've been brewing on it since 2010. I haven't burned it down yet.

The cooler did get hot being so close to the top burner, but I had a sheet of aluminum diamond plate that I made a shield with. The bottom burner isn't an issue, though I did put some diamond plate on the wood stand too. I've been brewing on it since 2010. I haven't burned it down yet.
Thanks for the replies... ni e to know I can use my cooler, now to find a cheap source of diamond plate for the new single tier brew stand I have started.

I’ve melted a cooler before. I use a 3 tier and I just spin the cooler if it gets too hot. I just added a second deflector plate. Looks kind of like a heat sink. I’m an exterior brewer so the cooler MT is my best option.

I’ve melted a cooler before. I use a 3 tier and I just spin the cooler if it gets too hot. I just added a second deflector plate. Looks kind of like a heat sink. I’m an exterior brewer so the cooler MT is my best option.
Thanks I was pretty sure you could melt a cooler maybe I should add a tier just to protect the cooler. I will still use the pumps I so I can run the wort through my herms coil in my HLT

Thanks I was pretty sure you could melt a cooler maybe I should add a tier just to protect the cooler. I will still use the pumps I so I can run the wort through my herms coil in my HLT
I run a HERMS as well. Adding the heat shield was my ticket. The 20 tip jet burners put out a ton of heat. My rig is hooked up to NG, glad no propane tanks. If I had it to do over, I’d build a 2 tier. I built the structure before I had my pumps.

My BIAB set up in my basement. Using an SS Brewtech Brew Cube with a mounting plate I made for my pump and chiller.

Finally someone picked up on the small wheeled all in one format ! Mine stores in our pantry. I can go from stored to heating mash water in 10 minutes.

I much prefer to put my chiller in the sink.

What are you using to old the heat band on your fermenter ?

Attachments

• 20211121_223117.jpg
    20211121_223117.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 20211110_125707.jpg
    20211110_125707.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
One kettle is 240V electric for boils and/or BIAB. When I direct-fire the other kettle for a mash I just roll this away from the wall and the propane burner lifts the MT up enough to directly drain into the BK. The FRP panel behind the cart and sink turned out to be a great idea to protect the wall. The cart was a CraigsList find several years back and I just shortened the legs with a hacksaw. It was a rolling food prep cart about 36” high from a putt putt center snack bar
65797D7F-7405-4039-AFE1-E7DB17615F38.jpeg

Here's my new e-herms setup. I still need to put some finishing touches on it. It needs a new cart top (have you price plywood lately?!?) Right now it's made of scraps I have lying around. The propane burner is leftover from my previous setup. It has since been removed. I had a bunch of insulating bubble wrap from Hello Fresh deliveries, so what the heck, I wrapped some around the mash tun.
brewery1.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with the control cart I came up with. I wanted one unit that included the pumps and plate chiller that I can easily roll into the basement for the winter. I have to brew outside, and after destroying some garden hose attachments after a big freeze, I'm paranoid about leaving anything that might have water in it.

The plate chiller is on a hinge so I can tip it up to drain it. I also upgraded the dial on the BK's SSVR with a better quality knob and created an indicator dial from this website. I messed around with the inner diameter to fit the knob, laser printed on some cardstock, stuck it to some hardboard with spray adhesive, cut it out and sealed with a few coats of spray lacquer.
brewery2.jpg

Attachments

• brewery1.jpg
    brewery1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • brewery2.jpg
    brewery2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Back