What are you drinking on Halloween?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JK Black Metal :rockin:

21n1daw.jpg

Not new or unique, but I just started exploring beers really. Is it supposed to taste kinda... Metallic?

ForumRunner_20131031_191058.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131031_190955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131031_190955.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 102
Bro-in-Law left me some Rogue Dead Guy. Pretty good trade considering he got some amateur homebrew!

I had lousy beer tonight. We stopped at a pizza restaurant after taking the kids trick or treating. We ordered a couple of shock tops on draft. Mine tasted like someone had poured some rancid sour lemon juice in it. I looked at my wife to see if she noticed it too, or was I just being a beer snob. Nope, her face turned funny.
We explained this to the waitress who replaced our beers. I just ordered 2 draft buds. Guess what? They had the same sour taste. Damn

I figured the beer lines needed to be cleaned. Although I thought dirty beer lines would have more of a dank, moldy flavor. This was sour, tangy flavor.:mad:

Drinking Epic Brewing's Imperial Pumpkin Porter tonight. Hands down the best pumpkin flavored beer I've had so far! Cheers!

IMG_0927.jpg

I'm drinking my Hobgoblin clone that I just got in the fridge a couple of days ago. One of my favorites this time of year.

image-4251362870.jpg

Edwort's(ish) apfelwein. Replaced 2lbs corn sugar with 1lb dark brown sugar. Didn't want to be impossibly faced after 3 pints. And the dark leaves a but of residual sweet.

image-904477530.jpg

My first attempt at a pumpkin ale. Not trying to sound like a bell ringer but damn this beer is better than some of the commercial beers I've been drinking this month.

I'm drinking a double IPA from a local brewer called Wiens Brewing, great beer and the people in that tasting room are awesome. If y'all are ever in Temecula, CA you should definitely check them out.

onetoeddogbrewery said:
My first attempt at a pumpkin ale. Not trying to sound like a bell ringer but damn this beer is better than some of the commercial beers I've been drinking this month.

That's awesome man, glad it came out good for you. I have a pumpkin ale in primary right now, I hope it turns out good as well.

Cheers

Thanks man, this was my first beer to brew outside of my comfort zone, so I felt like a kid counting down till Christmas waiting for it to finish. Good luck on yours

onetoeddogbrewery said:
Thanks man, this was my first beer to brew outside of my comfort zone, so I felt like a kid counting down till Christmas waiting for it to finish. Good luck on yours

I appreciate it, it's the second time I've done this type, but the first was with butternut squash instead of pumpkin and this time around I mashed pumpkin purée and the boiled fresh cubed pumpkin, I can't wait to try it

I'll finally have some beer & vodka later. Retiree payday at last. Gunna fridge a few of my Cougar Country IPA's as well.

I drank a lot of water last night. I was too hungover from my Boston Redsox World Series victory celebrations from the night before.

Back