control panel troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
i finished my control panel the other week and did a test run with water and it went great. did auto tune and etc.. now i'm trying to heat up my water in my hlt and my element indicator will start to flicker after a few mins then shut off (as does the element) occasionally it will flicker on again for a few split seconds... any idea what the problem could be? i was thinking SSR but im not sure

ylpaul2000 said:
Possibly SSR, I would check my connections first.

I just happened to have a spare ssr. I switched it out and that seemed to be the problem. I did notice though, when i turn my switch to the hlt position, i have to flip the switch a few times to get it to kick the element on. I wonder if thats a bad relay or bad 3 position switch

To rule out your ssr being bad, check to see if you have constant or erratic incoming power from your pid. If it is fast on/off(erratic) like you stated, its not the ssr, check the settings of the pid. If it ran properly before you did the "auto tune and etc.." you could have change something by mistake.

Back