Bottle Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petho

Reaction score
I normally boil my bottle caps for a few minutes before bottling however I was wondering why I can't just soak them in Star San. Would this not accomplish the same thing?

I figured.
I am slowly learning to forget everything that I learned in my Joy Of Homebrewing book!

I usually just lay out a towel and lay my caps upside down on this and spritz with starsan before starting to fill the bottles. Then my lovely assistant grabs the bottles from me, shakes the excessive starsan from the cap and places it on the bottle and caps it.

I've also just put the caps in a small container of starsan and pulled them out as needed.

Or, if the bag was unopened, I've just pulled the caps out of the bag and used them...

Yeah, I usually scoop out a bowl of star-san water from my bottling bucket as I'm sanitizing that, then throw about 20 caps in the bowl at a time and cap from there. I've never had a problem that way.

I like to count out the caps for the max# of bottles I can get from a batch, & put them in a small bowl of star-san. That way,when I'm done bottling,I know instantly how many bottles I got.

Latest posts

Back