where do you order from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to order a 10 gal. stainless steel pot from from Northern Brewer. Anyone have an opinion about them?

Pot I am thinking about getting: http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/brew-kettles/megapots/10-gallon-megapot.html

I might get the false bottom too.

I love Northern Brewer, they're my primary online shop for most everything.

I just ordered a pot from bayou classic, since I don't care about built-in spigots and thermometers and the like. They come with steamer inserts, which is awesome for doing BiaB and depending on the pot size and your application might be an okay sub for the false bottom. http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/stainless_steel_stock_pot.htm

If you want the bells and whistles on the pot, though, Northern Brewer's always been great to me.

I am looking to order a 10 gal. stainless steel pot from from Northern Brewer. Anyone have an opinion about them?

Pot I am thinking about getting: http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/brew-kettles/megapots/10-gallon-megapot.html

I might get the false bottom too.

Best website in the business (imo), fast shipping, good selection, good recipe kits, a little pricey. For equipment purchase, I'll check them, Midwest, and sometimes Austin Homebrew. Don't sleep on Midwest Supplies...I've found their prices to be slightly better on some things, especially kegging stuff.

I've ordered from them 3 times now and it's always quick shipping & good service. I like their flat $7.99 shipping. Their kits are much better priced than my LHBS, and since I order 3 at a time the $7.99 shipping is great.

I get most of my equipment from Austin Homebrew Supply. They've always given me great service, fast delivery. I got my 10 gal kettle from them, they drilled my holes to spec and had it to me fast.

I just recently got the same exact pot. It's a solid kettle and very nice overall. I just brewed a batch starting with 6.5 gallons of water and there was a decent amount of head space (but not too much where I feel like I bought too much kettle for the job). I'm very glad I got the 10 instead of the 8 gallon since I likely would have had a boilover during my boil.

I've had one concern so far. After I initially washed it and gave it a test run I put it down it in my basement. Apparently I didn't dry it very well and little tiny rust spots showed up on the bottom. A quick scrub with Barkeepers Friend took care if it right away. I've since made sure to dry it well before storing it and I've had no problems since.

Overall I'm really glad it got it and I will second that Northern Brewer is a great place to order from. Good luck! :mug:

Austin and Brewmasters mostly for supplies .On Amazon it looks like the same pot with free shipping and 3 bucks cheaper if you are not in a hurry for it. Only good if you are willing to drill the pot yourself or not adding the spigot. I bet either would match the price though and would be a good deal if you are ordering other items

40qtSS

I've ordered from Northern Brewer, Austin Homebrew Supply, and Midwest Supplies and most recently from Williams Brewing. All have been great. NB has been most common, and I also visit the local store in Milwaukee as often as possible ;)

Just placed an order from Brewmaster (well organized website), ordered a 8.5 gallon kettle and some other things from AHS a couple weeks ago - the 7.99 shipping ROCKS. Really quick turnaround on the order as well.

I order everything from Midwest Supplies and have always had good experiences. Their prices seem to be a bit lower than NB but the link in the first post looks like a good deal.

I use four places

70% Brewmasters Warehouse (great website and ships from GA so ground is like 2day for me...and they ship FedEx which delivers Home Delivery Tuesday-Saturday)
25% Austin Homebrew Supply (good prices and carry some of the crossover (Wine/Mead) things BW doesn't)
4% LHBS (Cause sometimes on Friday I decide I want to brew on Saturday...)
1% Northern Brewer (They have nearly everything I could need...but they aren't the cheapest nor the most forgiving site...like I can't make recipes there as I can with BM and AHS)

Back