Note To Self: !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The key to getting over that hurdle is to shotgun the first 2-3 cheap huge commercial beers. If you have cans get a key or if bottles get a straw. It'll be great after that.

There's a couple of threads on here about this subject.

IMHO, I say drink the good beer first when your taste buds are awake and fresh. Then drink the swill. The alcohol from the good beer will help the bad beer go down. That's what I always do.

Stand out side in 10 degree weather with beer in hand. When you start to get cold drink the beer to warm up. 2 good things about this strategy, you have motivation to drink the beer and put you're 'cohol blanket on. Plus the beer will be so cold you won't actually taste it.

That's how I deal with ski bum trips that only consist of PBR.

Haha all good suggestions!

I usually like to go out in the yard to the hottub.. it is often -30 celsius here and its good when your beer needs to be dunked in the tub because it is freesing solid, :rockin:

Chill the $#it out of the commercial beer.. so you can't taste it going down.
Savor the HB or "Good" brew at a nice temp... say 42-43 deg F for a nice Amber.

Find yourself a women that's into say... horses, then have yourselves about 3 kids then you'll be so glad to be drinking anything you won't notice it's alcohol infused yellow water..
nuff said

Thank God that is not my situation. i would rather not drink than drink swill, personally. I can count the Bud Lights I have drunken on one hand. Stick to the HB or the good stuff!

IMO if you homebrew you will inevitably become a beer snob. I have left bars before because of only having Icky commercial brews.

IMO if you homebrew you will inevitably become a beer snob. I have left bars before because of only having Icky commercial brews.

This is true. I use to have a keg of miller lite always on tap for guests. Now I am using the keg fridge to cold crash. Now I just need to convert it to hold corny's.

Latest posts

Back