Fermentation Environmental problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanivma1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I can offer my yeast two different environments to work in: 104-122 Fahrenheit and 55-65 Fahrenheit.

The reason is I live in a (very) warm place. If I brew in my home, the temperatures will be 104-122 F (40-50 C) during the day and will drop to 77-86 F (25-30 C) during night.

Another option is to let the fermentation container stay in my communities' communal kitchen's fridge (yeah, we all eat in the same place), and than the temperature will be 55-65 F (13-18 C). The fridge is set to 59 F (15 C), but during work hours, when people enter and exit, it raises to 65.

Being brought to life in Iraq - not the coolest place on earth, and to perfection in Germany - the cold Alps are near by, I guess beer can be brewed in a large scale of environments. So why not here, where I live, right?

Two questions for you guys:
1. what's the best beer I can brew in my conditions?
2. Can you please tell me what kind of yeast to use? I know the best temperature for yeast to brew is 79 F (26 C), but I can't offer that. Does different kind of yeast need different temperatures?

thanks.

p.s.
what kind of beer is Weihenstephan? do you know the recipe?

Two questions for you guys:
1. what's the best beer I can brew in my conditions?
2. Can you please tell me what kind of yeast to use? I know the best temperature for yeast to brew is 79 F (26 C), but I can't offer that. Does different kind of yeast need different temperatures?

You can brew lagers. See if you can set the temp in that fridge lower so it only jumps to around 58f or less. To brew a lager you will need lager yeast.

BTW, how the heck do you survive in those temps?

Agree, but based on what I have heard, not from personal experience with either temp range - stick with lager yeasts and use the cooler location.

Back