Trade proposal for Prickly Pear Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toastermm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I can't find prickly pear fruit up here in Montana. Even if I could it probably would be ridiculously expensive.

I would like to trade with someone that has easy access to it. Although I'm not sure what I could trade for...

Southwest Montana does have some great huckleberries (fresh from the farmers market), and we are famous for our flathead cherries as well.

In my town up here, we have some good local brews as well. Besides the famous Big Sky brewery, we have Bayern Brewery (a german brewery following the reinheitsgebot), and Kettlehouse brewery, which makes a great cold smoke ale.

Kettlehouse Brewery
Bayern Brewery

Can I interest anyone in this?

the plant is a weed in the Sonoran desert - I'm sure some of us could help - I would, but I'm too lazy :D it's a pain to pick and clean

I saw a big one blooming at the front gate to a cemetary near my house. Like AZ_IPA said, I have cleaned them once. But I would be willilling to just put them in a box and ship! I HATE those little spines!

How much do you need?

I saw a big one blooming at the front gate to a cemetary near my house. Like AZ_IPA said, I have cleaned them once. But I would be willilling to just put them in a box and ship! I HATE those little spines!

How much do you need?

Nice!!!!

Well, I would like to make as much mead as possible, so is 10lbs too much? (I'm not sure how much each fruit weighs) If that is too much, is 5lbs ok?

Anywho, I'm picking up some huckleberries this Saturday if you want some, and I'm including some good local brews for you if you're still up for it.

I sent you a PM

Your prickly pears went out in today's mail. Singed of thorns and bagged in gallon sized ziploc bags, 9 lbs 13 oz worth. I'm looking forward to getting some huckleberries in return.

Anyone else looking for some prickly pears? I've got a bunch ripe and rains today are fattening them up a bit more. Not looking to make money on them, trades are preferred.

Thanks,
GTG

GTG: I am in need of prickly pears as well. Sitting here in south east Minnesota with all kinds of fun trading options. Anything special you can think of?

Your prickly pears went out in today's mail. Singed of thorns and bagged in gallon sized ziploc bags, 9 lbs 13 oz worth. I'm looking forward to getting some huckleberries in return.
GTG

Got some great huckleberries out of toastermm and some nice ambrosia honey from 2ndGenBrewer in trade for the prickly pears.
Thanks guys!

GTG

Back